Back to College Shopping List!

Options
Hey everyone, I just made this for my blog site and thought it might help some MFPers who are heading back to college this week!

tumblr_lxjncpOyrw1qkv0er

I always pack up my bag with a few easy snacks and ways to modify and improve Caf food so even if I don’t get back to my dorm room till late at night I’m always prepared with healthy foods! Do you guys have anything else you love to add to the list? (I'm vegetarian so I made the list veggie friendly except for the tuna).

edit: sorry, part of it got cut off so the whole text is below! :)

Refrigerator Items
♥ Carrots and Zucchini, sliced
♥ Fat free salad dressing
♥ Strawberries, raspberries
♥ Breakstone 2% cottage cheese snacks
♥ Light and fit yogurts
♥ Laughing cow cheese wedges (to put on caf sandwiches!)
♥ Sugar free Jam (Stonewall Kitchen brand!)
♥ Vitatop Chocolate muffins (freezer section but they keep fine in the fridge)
♥ Skim milk
♥ Gardein Crispy Chick’n Tenders (vegetarian, frozen but keep well in fridge and great easy snack!)
♥ Fat free Reddi Wip
♥ Fat free Feta Cheese
♥ Low Fat Mayo (add spices like Chipotle or garlic!)
♥ Hardboiled eggs (from dining service, egg whites are a fantastic snack)
♥ Land o lakes light whipped butter

Dry Items
♥ Couscous! All you need to make it is hot water!
♥ Rice cakes
♥ Cliff bars
♥ Cocoa Powder (for fruit)
♥ Hershey’s sugar free chocolate
♥ Better’n Peanut Butter (if you can find it)
♥ Mini Pretzels
♥ Cinnamon Burst Cheerios
♥ Canned Tuna
♥ Unbuttered popcorn (season yourself!)
♥ Instant oatmeal packs

Dorm Room Tips
♥ Portion everything into single serving ziplocks so you can grab a bag a & go!
♥ Have “modifiers,” or things that make caf food taste better. Laughing cow cheeses, spiced low fat mayo, fat free salad dressing and fat free feta are all great!
♥ Frozen soy products can usually be kept in the fridge for 1-2 weeks and make great microwavable snacks!
♥ Get as many raw fruits and veggies from the caf as possible, you can add your own dressings to them later!

Replies

• Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    It's kind of hard to read.. with the background being crinkly it's difficult to read the words
  • peasgarden
    peasgarden Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    thankyou so much for sharing this!!! This year i'll work for make good healthy desicions while living the college rythmn!!
  • Samantha5973
    Samantha5973 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Steph4872
    Options
    This is a fantastic list! I am heading back to campus next week Monday and I was struggling on coming up with stuff to buy from the market instead of always eating on campus. You saved me!