i need to find 'me' again

Options
hiya! i'm new today, & taking that first step to getting myself & my life back...

it's a long & boring story, but i suffered an injury & subsequent illness & meds, which left me housebound & unemployed for some time, & it began a terrible downward spiral; i've gone from being active & social & funloving to literally sitting alone all day, doing nothing, being tired & lethargic & unsociable, & drinking too much & eating eating EATING :frown:

so now it's a couple of years, & FOUR STONE LATER :noway: (approx 60lbs i think), & i now i have to break all the bad habits i've gotten into, get off my fat *kitten*, lose weight & get my confidence & my life back...

i miss being myself, anyone else know the feeling?

so now i've myself sound dull & miserable i don't expect anyone to talk to me :blushing: but i'm not really like that, honest!

if anyone else has a similar story & has turned things back around, i'd love to hear about it :smile:

Replies

• sistersue2120
    sistersue2120 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Minnie my name is Pam and I recently joined the gym. I know that exercise is good for me but I am not losing any weight, I know that I need to change my eating habits but that is easier said than done. I currently weigh 224 lbs and would like to lose 50 to 70 pounds.
  • bghere
    bghere Posts: 42
    Options
    Welcome, best of luck. Very knowledgeable folks in here
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Welcome and I can relate! Feel free to add me. This is a great place to start.
  • holly1007
    holly1007 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I am fairly new as well, just joined last week.
    Good Luck on your journey

Holly
  • golope
    golope Posts: 54
    Options
    Hi there! Its great that you've joined the site and are getting started on your journey! I'm fairly new to the site also. I can relate to how you feel. I look at pictures taken only a couple of years ago and think - What happened? When I think about it, my entire attitude has changed with the additional weight. I don't feel as good mentally or physical, I'm less active and the thing is, I don't ever feel like doing much of anything. So I'm here to change that! I have about 50-60 lbs to lose, but I decided to do it in 25 lb increments so it doesn't sound so overwhelming to me! Good luck on your endevours to be fit and healthy!

11086656.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Maylene2012
    Options
    Hi,

I know the feeling of going to the gym and not loosing a single pound. I can tell you a couple of things that Do work.
    Water...80 to 100 oz a day...you will be amazed at what this does. Also, logging you food here, that helps me a ton!!!
    I don't realize how many calories are actually in foods I eat until I do this, when I am faithful, I loose the weight...

Adding you as my friend.:smile:
  • minnie_the_minx
    Options
    hi all!! wow, thanks for the replies & being so welcoming :happy:

feels like i've taken that first step by admitting that i'm stuck in the rut & getting on here where everyone will understand :smile:

@ golope, that is EXACTLY how i feel, even going for a walk seems like an effort, but mentally rather than physically :frown: mind you, i also don't like going out in the daylight anymore :blushing: :laugh:
  • golope
    golope Posts: 54
    Options
    That feeling that I have after I work out is how I want to feel all the time. Before and during a work out I pretty much feel miserable, but afterwards when I feel like I've accomplished something and I have an energy boost its great. I need to remember that feeling when I'm thinking about how much I don't want to work out. :)
  • GrsmRngr
    GrsmRngr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! Mine was due to career choices, where I went from hiking everyday to sitting on MY *kitten* behind a desk or steering wheel. I kept eating the same way, and over the course of about 5 years, I let it get away from me. I'm not trying to get back to my high school weight or anything, but to the much healthier weight I was AFTER school when I was in my mid-20's. I just feel like I've been getting no where with it the last few years, and Its time I finally took charge of the situation!
  • likeaphoenix28
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. I'm unhappy and my self-esteem is in the toilet. But, I'm tired of not living my life, being stuck in a rut and in this depression. I'm hoping that as I continue along my journey to get healthy and fit, I will find myself again and start living life. I hope that you find the same. Going to add you!