how much do you pay for your cable/internet?

Options
luvJOJO
luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
just curious.......I have been back & forth with my cable company for 3 years when their "promotional rates" run out they always change it...rrrrr! I can't remember where I started and if I'm getting a good deal currently or getting ripped off.
Right now I pay around $95 (including tax) for digital cable w/ dvr & showtime & high speed internet.

Replies

• LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I live in the middle of nowhere so internet is hard to come by. We ended up having to buy an AT&T Hotspot. $50 a month for 5GB. Not a great deal but we don't have much choice. TV comes from antenna here Whoopie!
  • AtwaterD
    Options
    $20/mo for basic cable (no box)
    $40/mo for 7mb/sec DSL

Have a set top box for DVR, dual tuner, netflix, hulu, etc. so I guess $7.99/mo for Netflix streaming too.
  • kamk16
    kamk16 Posts: 205
    Options
    Yes I like the one above me have limited options. But I get internet thru my phone line at about $30 a month and my dish tv basic (no dvr or extras I am cheapskate) for $60.
  • amayzingamanda
    amayzingamanda Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I want to know where you all live that it's soo cheap!!!!!

I live in the NYC Metro area and I have the recent FiOs bundle and pay significantly more that what all has been listed so far. And this was after switching from Comcast because FiOs was cheaper.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    my husband works for comcast, so my prices wont help you much ( ~$100/month for 3 tivos, 2 anyroom dvrs, 1 regular dvr, unlimited cable tv, high tier internet, and phone)
    but if you call and tell them you want to cancel because of the price increase and normally theyll work out a deal with you to keep you on with a lower price. sometimes you might have to sign up for a bundle with phone to get the cheaper rate, but then you can just not use the phone line or whatever. my husband has a lot of installs like that :)
    Every day price, no promo for what you have is $115 here in washington state (according to hubby). promo price is closer to $80...but again based on location that might be different.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    well I live in a huge city so of course it's overpriced. I pay around 140/month for a DVR with basic plus cable (most channels, a few movies channels but no HBO etc) and speedy cable internet. I hate how much I love it cable and internet because I feel like i'm getting ripped off to have it!! Oh well, it's one of my necessary evils.. just like a ridiculous cell phone bill. haha.
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I pay $80 a month for my home phone and internet. It's so ridiculous. I used to be with Century Link (formally Qwest) and only paid $40 for the exact same service I have now and it was price-locked. When I moved to my new apartment, the complex is wired for Cox only and my bill doubled. HATE!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I bought a 700 foot coax, that was expensive.. but so far I haven't had a bill from the cable company.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    We have the Verizon Fios Bundle with Phone, HD Cable and Internet which is just about $140 per month.