Juggling Act

Options
These last few months have been a whirl wind for me.

End of August - joined the gym

September 25th - Quit smoking

October 1st - joined this website!

October 2nd - found out I am cancer free! Woo hoo!

So, needless to say there has been a lot going on. I am hoping I haven't doomed myself by diving in head first with all of this stuff... has anyone else had a hard time sticking to ALL of the new commitments they've made?

I have to say - I've never felt better - I think it's even helping with my hormones/PMS. (I swear hormones run the world!)

Replies

• ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    These last few months have been a whirl wind for me.

End of August - joined the gym

September 25th - Quit smoking

October 1st - joined this website!

October 2nd - found out I am cancer free! Woo hoo!

So, needless to say there has been a lot going on. I am hoping I haven't doomed myself by diving in head first with all of this stuff... has anyone else had a hard time sticking to ALL of the new commitments they've made?

I have to say - I've never felt better - I think it's even helping with my hormones/PMS. (I swear hormones run the world!)
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    OK, so you're my hero!

I made my life change "cold turkey"... started eating better and working out one day, and have been able to keep going.

My eating has evolved over the past few years, as I've been discovering what works for me and what doesn't. I've eliminated things here and there. I still eat just about anything, and ocassionally have an indulgence.

I believe it's important to listen to your body and be gentle with yourself, and that's it's not a failure to not be perfect all at once. There will be good days and less-good days along the way.
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    ahertel0214:
    Wow - what a fabulous journey you are on. Make sure your seatbelt is fastened huh??? It's great that you have had so many life-changing events lately. What a reward it is that you feel so much better. That feeling will keep you on track. Thanks for sharing all your succeses!

Viviakay has some great tips as well.
  • CMJ1979
    CMJ1979 Posts: 42
    Options
    ahertel0214,

congrats on quitting smoking. I'm sure that was one of the hardest things to do. As long as you take everything in stride. Just try to commit to one thing at a time and don't be too hard on yourself if you can't be perfect at all of it all the time. I have had my times when I went a bit off my cal intake, with the wrong choices, but tomorrow is another day, as long as there are more days you are successful then there are ones where you aren't don't worry too much about it. Good luck, I'm sure you will achieve all your goals.

Just a little progress on my end, got 6 lbs gone in the last month and I can remove a pair of jeans without undoing them. :)
  • SugarBearRetired
    SugarBearRetired Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    OH Hooray!! I'm so happy for you!! You should be really proud of everything you've done!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Yay Adrianne!!!

You have done and still doing such an awesome job in getting healthy.
    I'm sure Juliet is proud of her mommy =)
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!! You deserve a hand. I am a survivor myself and have been cancer free for over 2 years. One of the many reasons to shed the extra bodyfat, there will be less chance of future health problems. It sounds like you have been on a incredible journey, and it took you here to help motivate us...that's fabulous. I applaud you for all that you've acheived.
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    AWESOME ADRIANNE!!!!!!
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

It feels great to be in control of my health again, no cigarettes, food, or cancer holding me back. Not to mention the lessons it is teaching my 4 year old - now she knows that we excercise because we want to be healthy & live a long time. ;)

Talk about accountability - my daughter Juliet has always been a fruit & veggie eater (thank you God), she'll really eat anything as long as it grows from the ground. Spinach, broccoli, brussle sprouts, lima beans, you name it, she'll eat it! She started noticing what I eat and we talk every day about healthy foods and non healthy foods. What a priceless lesson!

I think we ALL deserve a standing ovation for being strong & persevering!

Happy Friday to you all!