Back Again...

Options
I was here awhile back, but now I know that I need to change my way of eating...how strange that is actually admitting it. I hope to find support here, cause I cant get it from my husband ( he actually does all the shopping and cooking for our household :o) )
I hope that I can take care of myself and then be able to help him and my 12 year old daughter who is on the same track to obesity as I was at her age.
Any support would be greatly appreciated...

Replies

• Melk967
    Melk967 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just rejoined after some time off too! Welcome back, ill add you.(anyone else feel free to add me as well!) Sounds like your daughter is your source of inspiration....and sounds Luke you'll be inspiring her as well! :)
  • sarshooter
    Options
    I too just started back...was on here last year and was getting great results, only to do my normal thing and slack off once I started doing better. Low and behold the same thing happened that always happens...I gained back what I had lost. It's funny how just making myself accountable for logging everything I eat and the exercise I do makes a difference. I guess if I have to log it and be accountable for it then I want to make it count or something? I don't know, I just know that staying on here helps me to stay true to my overall healthier eating habits.

I, like you, have a hubby who does most all of the shopping and cooking. He has no problem eating healthier, however my soon to be 13 yr old stepdaughter is a horrible eater who is also following in her mother's obesity steps. I want to stop it before it gets too far so we're trying to be good examples. The biggie was taking all the "bad" snacks and such out of the house. If they aren't here I won't eat them. I'm also working harder with my personal trainer to get regular exercise and stay fit. Bring on Springtime!!
  • fitnessbugg
    fitnessbugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! It definitely takes dedication to a new way of life. I envy that your husband does the cooking, but that can lead to problems with what you eat. Maybe you can get him to tweak his menu a little!