Snacker!

Options
aigo86
aigo86 Posts: 79 Member
I am such a snacker! I have tried to stop and just realized it hurts me in the long run because then I overeat at meals! Anyone have any easy and delish snacks they could recommend? Right now, I have Special K cracker chips, SnapeaCrisps, and lots of veggies I will randomly just grab handfuls!

Replies

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I like to snack on fresh fruit (apple, orange, banana, grapes, strawberries, etc.), laughing cow cheese with some triscuits, Greek or regular light yogurt or almonds. I also have to have my snacks or I overeat at meals! :smile:
  • LongLiveJen
    LongLiveJen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been happy with Brown Rice cakes, they are crumbly but have a better texture and flavor than original rice cakes. I top it with peanut butter, or today, my co-worker brought in a Jalapeno Greek Yogurt dip that was a delicious spread for it.
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Wasa crispbread topped with hummus or Laughing Cow cheese. Popcorn. Half serving of low sodium torilla chips with avocado and lime juice as a dip, or salsa. Shelled edamame. 2 ounces of chicken breast chunks with a tablespoon of BBQ sauce stuck on toothpicks (presentation is everything lol). Low fat string cheese. Homemade virgin strawberry daquiris whipped up in a blender - use fresh strawberries, lime juice, bit of OJ and ice, easy and yum.
  • aigo86
    Options
    I know what you mean!

Right now my fridge is full of apples, cuties, grapes, strawberries, cucumber, grape tomatoes, broccoli, all cut up and waiting for me! I haven't had the laughing cow cheese, but I will def check that out! I will do peanut butter on a graham cracker as well now and then!

The Skinny Cow Dreamy Clusters are super good too, they give me a chocolate kick once every few days! They're like snickers!

If you love greek yogurt... here is a super yummy desert that is sooooo easy to make too!
    Scoop out some greek yogurt into a bowl.
    Sprinkle some Truvia (or any other natural sweetener) on top and stir it briskly until it becomes a more whipped consistency.
    You can also add some Agave Syrup if you would like (I love it!).
    Add some sliced up strawberries last and you have a yummy, healthy dessert!
  • aigo86
    Options
    I will have to check out the brown rice cakes... i LOVE the Apple Cinnamon ones by Quacker!
  • vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    Options
    almonds and oranges...

esp coffee/tea latte
  • aigo86
    Options
    I do not have a taste for coffee... at all!

I recently got into teas from a trip to Teavana! Otherwise it is strictly water for me! Cucumber water is my favorite and so easy to make!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My favorite snacks are Kashi TLC bars, fruit, almonds and dry roasted edamame.
  • SnowWhite824
    Options
    I don't see a problem with snacking as long as you LOG IT. Then you will realize how much you are really taking in, and see that you need to take away from your meals a bit. Its pretty much what I do.
    Also, snacking keeps your metabolism up, so really, as long as its healthy, its a good thing to do!
  • aigo86
    Options
    I definitely log it! I am only cheating myself if I dont!
  • pratod
    pratod Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Snacking is actually great for your metabolism as long as you continue making healthy choices, but I like to set specific snacking times to keep me from going too crazy. I l check the time when I have breakfast and then proceed to have either a small snack or a meal roughly every 2 hours after that. It sounds like a lot but I find that eating more frequently helps me "beat" my hunger and make healthier choices, because if I wait until i'm really hungry i'm more likely to have unhealthy cravings. I also pack my snacks in little plastic bags and write the time I get to eat it on the front of the bag with a sharpie, that way I remind myself to stick to the schedule.