when you have

Options
completely blown your calories for the day by lunch or so, do you continue to log?

Went with a friend for lunch, and thought I made good choices... ha ha ha on me I started logging in when I got back and.... :noway:

I plan to have a sensible dinner....but maybe I shouldn't...

When that happens what do you do? Do you keep loggin and making the red number bigger?

I'll get back on track tomorrow...but just wondered.

Replies

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I would log it and have a heathly dinner.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Log it. Especially if you have to look back on your diary. Put a note at the bottom on why you went over
  • CLotfy
    CLotfy Posts: 31
    Options
    Log it and then go work out. I try to exercise every day. If I've gone over, I try to go workout again after dinner.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I always log it so I can see what is happening, and it shows the "why" if I gain weight. And it reminds me to NOT make that mistake again. I am completely honest with my logging - good, bad, other --- it is how I stay accountable to myself.
  • horaks
    horaks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Log it-as it happens
    You Will do better!!
    Exercise
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I don't sleep if I am hungry, so I will eat dinner if I am hungry even if I have bigger red numbers.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's only one day, and I think its just a class C misdemeanor. Nothing major.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    What purpose does it serve you to stop logging? Avoiding facing the facts of the calories you consumed doesn't help you any. It's just a number, and the whole day doesn't have to be "blown". Make a good choice for dinner, hit "Complete" and start fresh tomorrow. :flowerforyou:
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    #1 Don't let this get you off track, it's one day/one meal
    #2 I would track the rest of your day. You can use it as motivation going forward as to what you did wrong/right!
    #3 I would also put in a killer workout to burn off whatever calories I could i.e. 1 hour of hard bike riding/running/water aerobics/Zumba/etc.
    #4 Good job reaching out for help. That's what MFP is for!
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Log, then eat healthy the following days!!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Yes. How else will you learn what does or doesn't work? :wink: