Anyone familiar with Eat to Live by Dr Furhman?

Options
Just finished reading Eat to Live by Dr Joel Furhman and am very interested in this lifestyle but wondering if anyone has any experience with this way of eating?

Replies

• firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    It's very healthy. We should all supposed to eat like that. My sister was on it and lose at least 50 lbs. I tried it but could not handle being an vegetarian
    and eat 1 lb of veggi a day. I felt healthy and have a glowed pretty skin. If you are a vegan, it's definitely a diet to try.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    My cousin started this last week, she lost 9.6 lbs her first week. She seems pretty happy with it but it is only the first week. I would like to know a bit more about this program....without investing in the book yet. Does anyone know of any good web sites or blogs I could look at to get more info? PM me if you wouldn't mind.
  • wvasweetness
    Options
    I'm starting on Wednesday. Here's a run down...

Eat to Live highlights...

- Nutrient dense, low calorie diet based on: health = nutrients/calories

- 6 week plan is designed to detoxify the body of processed or unnatural foods and/or kickstart weight loss

- Goal of eating 1 pound of raw veggies, and 1 pounds of cooked veggies, each day

- Eat as much as you want of: cooked and raw non-starch veggies, fresh fruits

- Eat 1 serving of beans per day

- Use any herbs and spices that are non-salt

- Meat-free, or lean meat limited to 12oz or less per week
  • Courtneycms88
    Courtneycms88 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading this book, but have not fully started. I have cut out all meat from my diet and the only dairy I eat is cheese. But I am hoping to start his plan soon to hopefully help with hunger pains during the day.
  • joesan563
    joesan563 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am start the 3rd week of the 6 week program and have lost 12 lbs in the first two weeks. I am use to not eating any meat or white breads or sugars, I feel well so far,

I have lost more weight doing this diet then anything else i have done I wasted a whole year counting calories last year doing that to the tee only to have lost on 16 lbs the whole year.

I am on several meds for BP and plan on getting off all of it.

Joe
  • itsecstasy26
    Options
    how easy is it to start if you are not a vegan nor vegetarian? i'm not, but i have already cut out white bread/things that are not wheat, high fructose corn syrup/evaporated cane just when possible, milk and sometimes cheese, etc and added more veggies and beans to my diet. and i'm also ridiculously busy. i want to try it out really badly. i was thinking i'd start cutting meat from my diet and other starches/lessening carbs/sugar/salt for the next week or two, then go fully on the plan. i don't know how well it'd work though.
    any advice?
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Join us on this group. Lots of good information here. I personally use MFP to track my sodium. It's very handy. If Dr Fuhrman had something like this on his website, I would use that instead. But I belong to both MFP and www.drfuhrman.com as there is lots of information to be found on his site, too.