over caloric limit befor exercise okay?

Options
hello,

i would like to know if it's okay if my over my caloric limit before I exercise or should i be lower than the cal limit all the time?

thanks

Replies

• Leigh2778
    Leigh2778 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My understanding (and I could be wrong) is that the calorie limit you are given is based on your weight, your activity level and your goal. The number given tells you how many calories to eat to reach your goal, before exercise. So, for example, if your calorie limit is 1500, that is how many calories you should eat to lose 1 pound a week (or whatever your goal is). If you exercise and burn 300 calories, your calorie goal is bumped up to 1800.
    Does that make sense?
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    The calorie goals are a daily goal, so if you go over after eating dinner, then exercise and the subsequent added calories put you back under you're fine.
  • mshidden
    mshidden Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    oh well, Don't beat yourself up over going over your calorie limit but try to understand why. As for the extra colories you get for exercise, try not to use those for eating, those are your losings wight calories. Exercise when every you can, but your going to want to eat protein after your work out. It helps recovery and builds muscle. It's hard to sleep just after a work out, so for most people work out at night just messes with you. This is why people try to work out as early as possible in the day. In short it's not a good idea to be over your calorie limit before you work out, but in truth it should give you a lot of energy for your workout so take advantage of that and work out really hard. I hope that helps.