day 1 & i'm soooooo hungry!

Options
how long (ish) before your body adjusts to the new way of eating & lower calorie intake?!?!

i'm about to eat my laptop!

(p.s. is this the right forum to ask in?)

Replies

• peacek
    peacek Posts: 211
    Options
    hehe :smile:
    They say if you do something for 21 days everyday, it will become a habit.
  • ♥Lexi♥
    Options
    it takes a few days to adjust! hang in there. i recommend uping the water consumption, protein and veggie intake. that will really help you.
    good luck on yoru journey!!!
  • Pnurse5
    Options
    Lexie is right - a great way to increase protein is eggs or greek yogurt
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    What are you eating and what is your calorie goal? Make sure you are making your calories count. That means more fruits, veggies, protein, fiber, etc. Fiber and protein are what give you that full feeling. It takes some getting used to, but you will.
  • luwalmsley1983
    Options
    If you're hungry have some super low cal snacks I.e carrot, cucumber sticks and salsa to hand to snack on, as pp said lots of water will help.

Friend me if you like an publisice your diary then your friends can look at it and we may be able to offer you advice and swapsies to keep you fuller longer :-)
  • xkimberlyannx
    Options
    Add lots of vegetables to your meals and you'll be able to eat a big meal for a lot less calories. Oatmeal for breakfast will fill you up I like to add a little peanut butter for protein and some splenda. Swap everything you eat for the lighter version and you'll save tons of calories.
  • sylverkat
    sylverkat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I did this many years ago. My trainer told me that as long as I am not in starvation (so make sure you are eating the recommended cals) and drinking lots of water, my body will adjust in a week or so. That it was my stomach shrinking.

A few tips.
    -Eat many smaller meals. so spread your food out to 5 or 6 mini meals.
    -Eat things that fill you, protein, grains make sure those are included.
    -When you feel hungry try a glass of water or some tea
    -I keep snack packs. 100 cal or less baggies with things I can snack on pre portioned. Grapes, cereal mixes etc. Message me if you want some recipe's

It WILL go away, so hang in there!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    When I first started, I stocked up on fresh fruit and veggies and would eat something whenever I'd start to feel hungry. I also started buying Kellogg's frosted shredded wheat - the little bites where it takes 51 to make a serving. I'd throw a dozen on my desk and eat them one at a time. I firmly believe a person shouldn't starve - just make decent food choices and make yourself stick to them, and make these kinds of snacks part of your eating plan.

And, remember it may take you a few weeks to get in the groove, so to speak. Be patient and kind to yoursel and you'll get there. I know you can!!
  • rosalieharris
    rosalieharris Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Drink water...drink water and oh yeah...drink water! When you are hungry...drink water! It will fill you up and maybe curb your appetite. Also, go for a walk (if you can) that will take your mind (and your body) off your hunger. But really, you should not be that hungry if you are making the right choices with your calories. Good luck and God Bless!
  • FatFreeLea
    Options
    Day three really started to become easy for me, I find myself NOT eating enough calories and I need to work on that. I eat oats and nuts when I need to feel full. Be sure to measure out the nuts though, those can catch up to you if you're not careful.

Stock up on zero-calorie snacks. It takes a while to get used to eating carrots for a "snack," but I added a tiny bit of brown sugar to mine (counting calories of brown sug, of course)
  • minnie_the_minx
    Options
    thank you everyone for the replies & advice :happy: some great stuff already that i hadn't thought about!

i know i have sooooo much to learn - or i wouldn't be here in the first place huh? :laugh:

i'm only just realising that there's so much more to it than calorie counting!

i think the protein suggestion is valid, as i'm a vegetarian & although not vegan i don't eat eggs, so most of my protien intake comes from cheese - pure toxin i know :frown:

my water intake is already very high, between 1-2 litres a day :smile:

i guess the first few days will be a huge adjustment & learning curve, but looks like i've come to the right place :happy: