Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Boredom Eating

Hey everyone,

I have come to the conclusion that my main problem is that I eat when I am bored.

How do I stop this?

Please feel free to add me!!

Replies

• angi4466
    angi4466 Posts: 6 Member
    I have the SAME issue. Whether at a slow moment at work, or after the kids are in bed at night I find myself grabbing snacks and then the guilt spiral starts and 'I will get back on track tomorrow' begins (oh and don't forget the 'I have already blown my diet for the day, may as well have ice cream too').

I vowed that I will stop boredom eating and I have bought a ton of chewing gum (which usually helps me not snack). Also, someone else suggested brushing teeth at 8:00 instead of before bed because then your less likely to snack at night.

Drinking low/no calorie fluids instead of eating is always a plus, but not so great if its late at night.
  • Jo120522
    Jo120522 Posts: 44 Member
    i definately do this quite a lot actually. I work week on week off and when i am in work i dont have a chance to be bored so i dont overeat or eat if not hungry but when i am home i just think about food the whole time and constantly feel the need to go to the fridge to see what is in it and grab something to nibble on when i am not hungry.

It is definately a new years resolution to try and stop this as it affects my weight loss big time.