How do you track your exercise when your doing p90x or insan

Options
I've been doing insanity and P90X for 9 months now and I love the programs! I know this might sound silly and I am still learning on here but do you really have to enter every rep and exercise you do? Is there a faster way? I really don't ever log my workouts unless I am running or walking my dog.

Looking for friends too :) Feel free to add me if you like.:smile:

Replies

• brookeg20
    Options
    I do something similar to these, and I log it as circuit training. I don't know if this is right or not. I'm interested to see what others say.
  • luvnlife6
    luvnlife6 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy,
    I do P90X and Insanity as well. I logged them both as cardio because it's so much easier that way. And I estimate how much calories I burn. Trying to count reps and all that other stuff is too confusing and time consuming.
  • Ashleysh22
    Options
    I actually made a spreadsheet to calculate my calories for Insanity by taking my pulse for 10 seconds at all of the 30 second breaks built into Insanity. Shoot me a message and I am happy to email you that spread sheet!
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    I use the CREATE EXERCISE, under Cardio.

Name my exercise (P90X Chest and Back)

Use a Heart Rate Monitor, that allows you to set your weight, sex, and height - to give you the total calorie burn.

Add in minutes spent, and cals burned.

MFP will save the named exercise in your EXERCISE list, then you just select it in the future, and add in the correct cal burn.
  • AmyG17
    AmyG17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!!