aches and pains...

Options
Hello, I wondered if anyone gets slight aches or pains when exerising with knees or wrists etc while exerising or afterwards or just over doing it? I was curious weather its what im eating that courses it I wasnt sure...

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You might want to get checked out for arthritis. I started with aches and pains and ended up with a lupus diagnosis. I was 16. Not saying that to scare you, just to say that if you have aches and pains that don't seem normal for more than 6 weeks you should see a doctor.
  • Lege
    Lege Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. It is anoying when I try to do squats and my knees start hurting or walking too much.
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. It is anoying when I try to do squats and my knees start hurting or walking too much.

If your knees are hurting doing squats you might be doing them incorrectly, what are you doing to squat?
  • jmgodish24
    Options
    I get pains quite a bit when working my wrists, knees, and shoulders. I find that yoga helps, but if it's severe you probably want to consult a doctor and make sure you don't have something "serious" like arthritis or joint damage or something.
  • Lege
    Lege Posts: 3
    Options
    When Im using kettlebell's and doing squats with that or one leg up then the other side sort of going side to side if that makes sense lol
  • addisondisease
    Options
    look up goblet squats, they are the perfect fit for kettle bells, hard to mess up, and what most trainers use to teach the squat.
  • addisondisease
    Options
    Just remember to get down low low low, keep weight on your heels, and don't let your knees pass your toes.
  • pkdreilly
    Options
    I get a fair few pains whilst exercising. I have to go careful on my back as have spinal problems, so maybe try alternating them more, to give the other one a small break in between maybe. If you have concerns and feel that what you are experiencing is not 'normal' visit your healthcare provider/gp.