My Veggie burger experience

Options
Okay so I hella wanted a burger on friday but wanted to keep it healthy. The only Fit option on the menu was a veggie burger. I was like ok I'll have that I mean people eat these all the time it could not possibly be that bad. Oh boy was I wrong. It was horrible kinds reminded me of tree bark. It was brown like tree bark.... I was thinking what kind of veggies did they use to make this foolishness cause none of the veggies I cook at home taste like tree bark. I was a little nervous cause while grocery shopping earlier that morning I had bought me a pack of veggie burgers for work. I'm not the one to waste money so I said to myself I guess I'll be eating tree bark patties for the next couple of days. Today I pulled the burger out of the freezer and looked at it.... it was different than the one I had the other day. I could see all the pieces of veggies and it was bright in color.,,,, like green, orange, yellow. Like real veggies. This looked a little more promising but the real test was how did it taste. So after cooking it for 8 mins on each side and placing it between some Orawheat sandwich thins I tasted it. It was like an explosion in my mouth of all kinds of yummyness. Like it was hella good. I'm so happy that I did not give up on veggie burgers because of my one bad experience. Dr. Praegers's California Veggie Burgers are the bomb.com.

Replies

• april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I need to look those up and try them.
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Dr. P's are by far the best. I love them.

Sometime I can find the veggie burger pockets in my stores, they are the veggie burger wrapped in a pita type pocket. Those are also delicious.
  • jjjohnson31
    jjjohnson31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You never know what you are going to get at a restaurant when ordering a veggie burger; even if you have been to a place before sometimes they will switch it up with another brand.

However I 100% agree with veggie burgers + sandwich thins...low cals, decent protein, filling, and very good!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    lol. good for you
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Okay so I hella wanted a burger on friday but wanted to keep it healthy. The only Fit option on the menu was a veggie burger. I was like ok I'll have that I mean people eat these all the time it could not possibly be that bad. Oh boy was I wrong. It was horrible kinds reminded me of tree bark. It was brown like tree bark.... I was thinking what kind of veggies did they use to make this foolishness cause none of the veggies I cook at home taste like tree bark. I was a little nervous cause while grocery shopping earlier that morning I had bought me a pack of veggie burgers for work. I'm not the one to waste money so I said to myself I guess I'll be eating tree bark patties for the next couple of days. Today I pulled the burger out of the freezer and looked at it.... it was different than the one I had the other day. I could see all the pieces of veggies and it was bright in color.,,,, like green, orange, yellow. Like real veggies. This looked a little more promising but the real test was how did it taste. So after cooking it for 8 mins on each side and placing it between some Orawheat sandwich thins I tasted it. It was like an explosion in my mouth of all kinds of yummyness. Like it was hella good. I'm so happy that I did not give up on veggie burgers because of my one bad experience. Dr. Praegers's California Veggie Burgers are the bomb.com.

I like Amys burgers.
    I usually never buy restaurant veggie burgers!
    I think they literally use some cheap crap with cellulose (wood pulp).
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I always ask at restaurants if the veggie burger is made on site. If pre-frozen, I ask the brand.

Morningstar Farms makes an incredible Chipotle Black Bean Burger. My kids prefer it over a regular hamburger.

The Boca brand burgers taste like sawdust to me.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Dr. Praegers's are so much better than any others I've eaten. You can recognize the veggies in them. Good stuff.

I'll still take a cow-based burger over any veggie burger, though.
  • ogosun
    ogosun Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Awesome... thanks for sharing...veggie burgers are great.... (some) the ones at costco are good as well... the garden burger.... they are easy to make yourself as well...
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I personally like Morningstar Spicy Black Bean burgers even better than the veggie burgers. Especially with a little bit of guacamole and salsa!
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    MorningStar Farms Tomato Basil Pizza Burgers made my longing for pizza sooo much better. They are delicious!
  • MummyHungry
    MummyHungry Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That's the beauty of veggie burgers...there are so many different kinds! There are several in the morningstar farms line that I adore...spicy black bean burgers, tomato basil pizza burgers... I'm glad your second one was awesome, and that you didn't judge them all harshly just because of that first one. ^_^
  • jennatea6591
    Options
    I love Boca burgers! They may not smell the greatest but they have a good taste!
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Yea, there are so many different kinds - I've had AMAZING ones and then I've had ones that tasted like I was puking in reverse. =/
  • girllimberlost
    Options
    Morningstar Farms makes an incredible Chipotle Black Bean Burger. My kids prefer it over a regular hamburger.

Ditto on the Black Bean Burger! It is pure delicious! I chunk about 3 of them up and mix with about 1/2 c salsa, 2 tbsp of cream cheese, and some 2% mexican cheese blend, wrap in tortillas and stick with a toothpick. Bake that at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes.... oooohhhh...
  • Witchylady
    Options
    My daughter is a Vegetarian a year now and she loves Amy's. Haven't tried Dr. P's will have to look for those. Just informational though, I use Boca - Bruschetta Tomato Basil Parmesan, they have a taste very close to Italian Sausage, yummy!