I want to stay motivated!

Options
I started MFP almost a month ago but the holidays kind of took over.. and now it's a new year! I've been really good so far this year, but I'm always good at first and then I slip and go back to old habits and nothing ever changes. So! I wanted to send out a message inviting anyone to be my friend to help me stay motivated, and I would also like to see how your journey may be and motivate you as well! Or if anyone has any tips for success that would be great.
I aim to lose 60 pounds by mid summer so I can be at weight that's not dangerous for my health. I always want to develop healthy habits and I know the longer I put it off, the harder it will be, so that's what this year is all about for me. I wish everyone the best with their health and I hope you succeed in your goals!
-Angela

Replies

• MsCole707
    Options
    Hey Angela,

I was feeling the same way when I started AGAIN this year. I was talking to my uncle the other day and he was explaining to me that I need to live in the present moment. Yesterday and tomorrow don't matter. We spend so much time thinking about out past which we can't change and our future that we miss what's going on right now. I've been doing that lately and it works. in every aspect of my life not just weight loss. Live in the present moment! I am here to support you in anyway I can. Your so not alone!

Nicole
  • bck80
    bck80 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i am the same way, i start really good and by the secon or third week i just lose interest, yesterday was my first time in this site, so hopefully this will keep me motivated. and i want to lose 60 lbs as well. let's motivate each other!!
  • lorijus
    lorijus Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you for joining MFP. I joined last year and within 5 months I had lost 35 lbs. Since then I have moved and have had a lot of family drama, so I gained back almost 17 lbs. I am up and running with it again and its a great tool to help. I will gladly support and try to motivate you.
  • thebassdrumheavy
    thebassdrumheavy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole!
    Your uncle is so great, and he's so right! It's so amazing how quickly the future and the past eat up the present! I try to plan for every other aspect of my life that I forget the one that is so vital: my health. And I'm getting older, and my body feels older, and I know that I need to start taking control of my body now and not make excuses.
    Thank you so much for the advice! I need to live more for right now and not be so scared of things or worried about things. I feel so overwhelmed with my day sometimes that I forget that all it takes is to portion this meal, or take 30 minutes for a walk or a bike ride to be good to my body.
    I wish you the best of luck in your goals, and go get it, girl, you can do this! I can't wait to see you succeed!