Help! Cardio/food question

Options
Can someone look at my food diary and help me? I have just finished a 20 min cardio and it's 9:35pm here, do I need to eat anything apart from what I have already had? What should I be eating if I do? I last ate at 6pm when I had my Dinner

Replies

• cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Well across all boards (Carbs, Protein, Fat, etc) you've evened out. You're all in the green.

Only eat if your genuinely hungry. It's very possible your body doesn't require any more nutrition, but if you are hungry then eat.

You have 800 calories left. I wouldn't eat back the exercise calories today (which is 400 for today), but I'd definitely eat the daily limit.

So what's something to eat for 400 calories that will round you off? You've had fruit, yoghurt, protein, wheat.... all of the necessities. I'd say you won't go wrong having a banana, a handful of salted peanuts (you're protein was the lowest that everything else) or even a nice tea with a couple of biscuits (just make sure it's a couple ;) )
  • Matthew_Wilde
    Matthew_Wilde Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've been told to eat protein after exercise for muscle repair.

Also been told on a previous diet that a small piece of protein before bed helps your metabolism fire up through the night - not sure if its true though.