That stupid stomach pooch!

Options

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Loss of body fat comes down to genetics and where you body likes to hold it. I am assessing that you are still over 22% body fat, so you still have room to lose a little more. It will take some stricter eating (cleaner) and exercise to burn off those last few pounds to reach it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Couldnt she also go through a slight bulk/lean mass phase to add a little muscle?
    Maybe two to three months of 20%+ over TDEE?
    Then cut in the spring?

Probably be easier than just trying to burn fat that doesnt want to leave.

PS: womens BF% is healthy between 18-24%. Dont kill yourself!
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I may be crazy but your 'pooch' looks like abs starting to show a little.

So many people saying the same thing, but I agree with this - you can see where you dip in before your hip bones.
  • Harlequinrequiem
    Harlequinrequiem Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would do something really naughty for a tummy like yours!!! Try having two babies by c-section and being 50 pounds overweight for 20 years... THEN I can show you a tummy pooch!!! Holy stretch marks, batman!!! Seriously, I know we all have our issues with our bodies, but realistically, the only way you're going to get a six pack is with really clean eating, lowering your body fat % to an athletic level and working out like a madwoman. You're beautiful just the way you are!!!!

I'm hoping to keep my weight off and lower my body fat %, but I'll still likely need a tummy tuck to get a nice flat tummy like yours!!!!

I know exactly what you mean. i have had two c-sections with my girls and have a ton of stretch marks...but let me tell you! I was a gymnast for 13 years (age 3+) and was competitive for all but 1 year. I always had a pooch and I was in the gym 5 hours a day/6 days a week. There was no pooch in the picture at all. I'm still trying to get back to 150 lbs and I'm at 222 after my second daughter (4 months old).
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    I would kill for my stomach to look like yours. Seriously thinking about posting a photo to show you what a stomach pooch actually looks like...
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Personally I think its pretty sexy!

But you could look into recomp if you are willing to eat a lot of food.

www.bodyrecomposition.com
    www.leangains.com

I only recommend these to folks who are at the tail end of losing the weight and arent sure what to do next.
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I would kill for my stomach to look like yours. Seriously thinking about posting a photo to show you what a stomach pooch actually looks like...

Agree!
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I don't see a pooch, I think you need to see how you really look, which looks pretty good. I could show you a real stomach pooch!
  • rmsturdy
    Options
    As a former DI athlete that used to be 13% body fat, I NEVER HAD A STOMACH LIKE YOURS. Ahhhh genetics. You look AMAZING.
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    Lord have mercy, girl. Wish you could see my stomach (well no...I really don't...embarrassing!!). It's hard to see ourselves objectively, especially around weight and body image. But listen to the others who have posted...that is a pretty sexy, rock hard stomach. I'd love to be blessed with a body like that.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Loss of body fat comes down to genetics and where you body likes to hold it. I am assessing that you are still over 22% body fat, so you still have room to lose a little more. It will take some stricter eating (cleaner) and exercise to burn off those last few pounds to reach it.

IDEA Fitness member

Couldnt she also go through a slight bulk/lean mass phase to add a little muscle?
    Maybe two to three months of 20%+ over TDEE?
    Then cut in the spring?

Probably be easier than just trying to burn fat that doesnt want to leave.

PS: womens BF% is healthy between 18-24%. Dont kill yourself!
    Yes if that's what she wants to do. I was just answering the question posed.

IDEA Fitness member
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    Thanks everyone! but there really is that little roll at the bottom in the center and it's really not attractive! haha

I'm going to try and do more body recomp instead of just focusing on fat loss
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I have lost nearly 40 lbs and I'm getting super close (as in 7 lbs) away from my ultimate goal and this stomach pooch is NOT going away...
    Has anyone lost it?
    Does it ever leave?
    At about what BF% did yours disappear?

tumblr_lvcufxtMQg1qg43cko1_500.jpg

I'd show you mine, but don't want to make you puke. It sounds to me like you want a six-pack and not a lean tummy. Seriously girl, concave is not the way to go...it is not healthy. If you want to have a six-pack do crunches and ab exercises. If you are wanting convave....STOP NOW! You'll kill yourself trying to get there and you are really beautiful the way you are. You have awesome curves, and most women would kill for your bod. I want to be tone and svelte too, but won't kill myself for it. Talk to a personal trainer if you want definition, but don't starve yourself to look like Kate Moss.
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    I'd show you mine, but don't want to make you puke. It sounds to me like you want a six-pack and not a lean tummy. Seriously girl, concave is not the way to go...it is not healthy. If you want to have a six-pack do crunches and ab exercises. If you are wanting convave....STOP NOW! You'll kill yourself trying to get there and you are really beautiful the way you are. You have awesome curves, and most women would kill for your bod. I want to be tone and svelte too, but won't kill myself for it. Talk to a personal trainer if you want definition, but don't starve yourself to look like Kate Moss.

Oh I'm really not starving myself! I just hate the look of that little indent ugly thing at the bottom of my stomach.. I wish I had a better picture. I was just wondering about what BF% I would have to get down to for it to go away
    I'm thinking probably around 20-21% So I'm gonna start doing a lot more strength training for body recomp:D

thanks everyone
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Well I can tell you, it won't happen with the amount of calories you eat now. You need to body recomp which requires eating at a very low deficit and adding muscle. This can affect weight loss (you may add weight) to increase muscle definition. Eating 800-1000 calories does nothing but maintain body fat and kill your metabolism. Find out what your TDEE is, and do strength training to burn body fat.
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    I eat 1200-1400 calories a day.
    Last night I had a rice dish at my friends around 10 at night and never added it to my diary because I didn't get home until 3 in the morning

I'm eating plenty I can assure you.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I eat 1200-1400 calories a day.
    Last night I had a rice dish at my friends around 10 at night and never added it to my diary because I didn't get home until 3 in the morning

I'm eating plenty I can assure you.
    Do you know what your tdee is?
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I've had two kids in two years, I'll show your a pooch! :laugh: But I think you look fantastic, but others have given you some tips that I'm sure will help for more definition.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    If that is a stomach pooch, I wonder what mine would be called -- You look great!!!
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I'm confused what stomach "pooch" you're talking about.
  • Arwen1922
    Arwen1922 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I WOULD CALL THAT PART OF YOUR ABS NOT POOCH!! YOU LOOK GREAT!!