Most you've lost in a week?

Options
Just wondering what peoples best weeks were? We've all watched the Biggest Loser and they pull some huuuge numbers, I wonder if any of us mere mortals have rivalled them?

Replies

• Rose200
    Rose200 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Huge fan of BL :) Haven't quite got numbers like the contestants. But I've lost up to 5lbs the first week of following a nutrition & fitness plan. If you used to eat a lot of processed foods and the following week you don't, the weight loss could be from the decrease in sodium and water weight.
  • trina107
    Options
    I think thats what happened in my first week following eating horribly over the festive period!! I will be happy with 1-2lbs a week as long as its coming off. There are some very impressive weightloss numbers on this site though, its inspirational.
  • 280to140
    Options
    I lost 8 pounds in the first week of weight loss, but then was when I was super eager to start and working out in every spare second, and I'm guessing a lot of it was water weight too.
  • trina107
    Options
    8lbs is amazing! it's just the kick start you need at the start :smile:
  • Butterfly3730
    Options
    I lost 8 lbs in my first week too. But like the others, I'm sure it was mostly water weight. But I'm happy with that!
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    3 lbs.
    thats a lot for me.
    normally at my weight the most is lose is .5 lbs in a week.
    half of what i lost was water weight though, cause i was on a low carb diet.
  • mdouhan
    mdouhan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi

I lost 18 lbs first week I started, mostly water of course but that's always the first to o

Rgds

Matt
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Wow! Those are some great losses! I was down 5lbs after my first week.
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    In my entire life of dieting most I ever lost in 1 week was 15lbs. But I was doing it insanely unhealthily, about 500 calories a day :P
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I lost ten pounds one time when I gave up sugar. Kept it off for a whole year, too.
  • jnoahrod
    jnoahrod Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    5 lbs for each of the first three weeks. I don't eat a lot of processed foods so I am not sure if it was water and sodium or not. I am averaging around 3 lbs a week. Even with taking Christmas off.
  • anthrfosh11
    Options
    lost 2.8 just getting rid of soda
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    when i went to fitness camp last year for a week i lost 9lbs but they worked us out for six dang hours a day. i thought perhaps i wouldve dropped more but had already lost about 70lbs by then. however i lost alot of inches that week -five in the waist!!! dont know if iwant to work out 6 hours a day to go through that again though lol
  • newmelissa43
    Options
    well, I just started excercise and better eating last week...so far I've lost 12 pounds. Just signed up here today so hopefully I have more weeks like this one! Doing things like the biggest loser. excercise hard and eat the 4 food groups
  • Bluejay789
    Options
    3 pounds and that was when I cut out sodium (my sea salt shacker) and rode my bike vigorously 45 minutes 4 times a weekl!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    In my entire life of dieting most I ever lost in 1 week was 15lbs. But I was doing it insanely unhealthily, about 500 calories a day :P

great example of how NOT to lose weight.
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I think my record stands at 10lbs, probably was mostly water but I also lost around 2% body fat... the thing is when you're really heavy you burn off so many calories simply by existing! As long as you don't eat that much & you have no medical conditions that hinder weight loss you'll loose weight like nobody's business
  • Sallyismyname
    Sallyismyname Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The closest I have came to losing as much weight in one week was the day I lost ten pounds in just one day! I had a baby. Ha! Typically speaking the most I have lost in a week is 4 pounds. That was the highest amount. Typically it is between 1-2 lbs if I stick to my calorie and exercise goals...
  • xxcatyxx555
    Options
    Just wondering what peoples best weeks were? We've all watched the Biggest Loser and they pull some huuuge numbers, I wonder if any of us mere mortals have rivalled them?

when i went to fat camp this summer i lost 7 pounds in one week:)
  • Lady_Chilli
    Lady_Chilli Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    8lbs in my first week just gone, like most have said, a lot will be water weight too