So now that's bad for me.

Options
I don't know if this only happen to me , but when I was eating unhealthy no one cared about what I ate . But now that I'm trying to eat healthy people are always watching what I'm eating and always have a comment.

For example , I don't like a lot of vegetables . But since I like potatoes , I wanted to try sweet potatoes but now they tell me how horrible potatoes are for me.

Where were you when I was having McDonald french fries???

I want to eat an orange, they tell me that's horrible. When I was eating candies ,you did not say a thing.

This is why I don't like to share that I'm trying to eat healthier or I pretend I have no idea what they are talking about when they ask me if I have lost weight.

Replies

• regions02
    regions02 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Actually sweet potatoes are very good for you. And even though oranges have natural sugar, they're still a better choice than no fruit. Just ignore people who don't support you.
  • luv4dolls2
    Options
    I feel your frustration -- maybe the nay sayers are trying to make themselves feel better. If you eat healthy then they feel bad that they aren't? I don't know but I've noticed similar comments by people around me, so like you I keep my plan to drop a few pounds to myself and just go about my business. Hang in there!
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My sister does that t ome.
    She doesn't even know what she's talking about. I used to simple words, "shut up."
    And, gradually, she's stopped doing it.

Sometimes people are genuinely trying to help. (You can still tell them to shut their pie-hole. If you can't be mean to your loved one's, who can you be mean to?)

It's probably not the best way to put it, but you have to train people.Help them transition into your new life style. This is a big change for them too. They need time to adapt.

Don't get discouraged. :)
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I also get comments like that about exercise. Some people think they are the experts and they are helping. Just tell them "Yup, I got it, I already have a plan for myself" and leave it at that. Hopefully they will take the hint, but family members can be more annoying with it.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Thats usually the part where I come in and say "none of your business - go back to work".....
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes are very good for you. Id honestly tell them to shove it but that's just me lol
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about what "they" say. Watch what they eat and tell them to put the candy down when they put it in their mouths. I get so many comments on my diet soda. Umm, don't care. I like it and until it is proven to be bad I will drink it and even then I will because I am going to die from something eventually.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Yep, shut up or shove it perfect answers for that stuff. As to why people say nothing when you eat crap but could go on for hours when you are eating healthy, no answer.
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    sweet potatoes rock