am i wierd ladies?

Options
Sometimes, maybe around my period, I just need more affection from my hubby, and then a little while later i start to feel sad because i don't feel like he notices. I dont like to have to point it out so blatantly because then he feels like hes doing something wrong, and then i feel like a whiner. Usually i get over it but damn i just wish i could get him to understand that i need him more sometimes. I feel wierd even putting this out there but oh well.

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Do what I do! Tell him flat our you're feeling bloody needy and you need some lovin'...my fiance just chuckles but I get all the cuddles I can handle. Dont expect him to read your mind, let him have it! Say those words "honey, I'm sorry but I'm feeling needy, so come cuddle and make me feel better"
  • Moma_Do
    Moma_Do Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    aww that's cute! i'll try it.
  • CarlyRobbinsGilbert
    Options
    I agree. As I get older and get to know myself better, I realize that it's better to just come out with it. If I'm cranky and picking on him, I take a breath and say, "I'm sorry, I'm cranky and whiney." If I need extra affection (I agree, it fluxuates with hormones and my response to "rejection" does, too) I just acknowledge it and say, I'm clingy and I need some attention, or whatever. I think he actually respects me more for it when I explain/ask rather than just cling or pout because he's just confused.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Oh hell... my husband loves coming up from behind and grabbing me with his big bear arms (he is a trucker, mind you, so they are BIG biceps! LOL!)... When we sit on the couch to enjoy a movie together, he has his arm around me, lightly brushing his fingers on my back, or playing with my hair.... when Im not feeling well and curled up in a ball on the couch, he sits right there next to me, grabs my feet whether I like it or not and rubs them... and when he is done, he lies down with me totally enveloped...

If I have a rough day, he is right there to smother me in a big bear hug.....and I dont even have to ask!! 8-)

Thank GOODNESS I love this interaction... Im smothered all the time and cant get enough! LOL!!!!!
  • Moma_Do
    Options
    That's amazing!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!

No... its a freakin' MIRACLE! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Something I dont have to ask my husband to do! HE JUST DOES! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Moma_Do
    Options
    LOL
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Whoa you are definitely no weird because I think it is normal to need more physical affection around that time, I know myself so well, that I can recognise the signs. I've just started a new relationship and fortunately I'm at a time of life where I can vocalise what I need/want. Tell him, he's not a mind reader!

GG
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Thats normal. Your hormones are just going crazy. Lol. Just be straight forward. If your husband is like any other guy i've ever met he'll be MORE than happy to oblige. :P
  • Moma_Do
    Options
    Thanks ya'll!!
  • Jenn638
    Jenn638 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Do what I do! Tell him flat our you're feeling bloody needy and you need some lovin'...my fiance just chuckles but I get all the cuddles I can handle. Dont expect him to read your mind, let him have it! Say those words "honey, I'm sorry but I'm feeling needy, so come cuddle and make me feel better"

yes! exactly! it just takes the drama out of it, sometimes i just tell him, " look this is exactly what i need to hear you say! and do". he likes it better than guessing and then having me throw a fit because he guessed wrong. i also do that with losing weight. like right now when i see little things that fit better, i told him i need to hear him say congratulations.
    anyways just spelling out what you need makes things easier.
  • Lady_Chilli
    Lady_Chilli Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I think you speak for the majority of women tbh I've got to say as far as 'time of the month' goes, I think it would be nice if men became mind readers if only for just 1 week.... I NEED AFFECTION...STAY THE F AWAY...WHAT ABOUT THAT CUDDLE...DO THE WASHING UP...hmmm something like that lol
  • Moma_Do
    Options
    exactly doesn't seem to hard, right! LOL
  • tmptina
    tmptina Posts: 72 Member
    Options
  • megannicolex33
    Options
    Not weird at all! Actually it's funny because the past 3 or 4 days I've been feeling SO needy and I've been wanting lots of extra attention from my boyfriend... he tried to get up and go to the bathroom the other night and I was like "no, I'm gonna need you to stay here and cuddle me" haha. I didn't even realize until today that I'm PMSing so that's why I was being so ridiculous! Good thing he's happy to give me plenty of extra love during times like these. :)
  • tmptina
    tmptina Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    you are not wierd!:cry:
  • Moma_Do
    Options
    Yay! I thought I was weird, but its totally just a girl thing, poor guys they have no idea what we want sometimes!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Speaking for all men.
    WE CANNOT READ THOUGHTS AT ALL AND WE REALLY SUCK AT READING BODY LANGUAGE.
    IF YOU WANT SOMETHING ASK FOR IT.

Your needs are totally OK, but he needs to have it banged over his head.
  • Moma_Do
    Options
    wow i was trying body language and it didn't work. Thanks for the insight! bang it over the head, got it. LOL
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    Speaking for all men.
    WE CANNOT READ THOUGHTS AT ALL AND WE REALLY SUCK AT READING BODY LANGUAGE.
    IF YOU WANT SOMETHING ASK FOR IT.

Your needs are totally OK, but he needs to have it banged over his head.

yep!!