Returning pal coming back for accountability

Options
Hi MFP's. Im Jessica, and after about 6 months off this page and then losing focus during the holidays, I am bringing myself back. I didnt realize how much of a help this page was w/ keeping track of my food but also the motivation and tips, etc that complete strangers were so kind to give..it literally kept me going. It's 2012 and i've gained some "holiday weight"...haha but a trip to the shore this June w/ the family has me motivated to kick it back into gear and anyone willing to help keep the friendly fire lit under my butt....I'm for it :) God Bless!

Replies

• ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    I hear you exactly. I used MFP from May-October last year and lost the weight I wanted to lose, but then the holidays got the best of me and I put on 10+lbs. Now I am back at it with MFP because I needed the support and motivation and the accountability of logging my food intake, it really helps a lot! Good luck getting to your goal before vacation!
  • luvmy2babies
    luvmy2babies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. I stopped using MFP, and then with the holidays I lost myself and gained about 7 pounds. I am back and stronger than ever. We can do this. I sent you a friend request. Maybe we can help eachother :) Good Luck!!!!
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon over the holidays but I am also ready to kick it in gear and get ready for swimsuit season!!! All friend requests appreciated!!!!
  • angeldale
    angeldale Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Same here! I'll add you as a friend so we can help each other stick with it this time! :)

Angelique
  • AreneeG31
    AreneeG31 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I can understand that! This site helps me tremendously by helping me stay accountable! Welcome back! :wink:
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    Without this site I would still be in denial that I was "eating healthy". Welcome back!!
  • ashleighk90
    ashleighk90 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It wasn't the holidays that got me off track but I'm in the same boat... Used the site for 9 months or so and then stopped for 6 months. Only gained back about 5lbs but I wasn't at my goal when I stopped.

So I'm getting back into it as well. =]
  • JessicaOrme34
    Options
    I hear you exactly. I used MFP from May-October last year and lost the weight I wanted to lose, but then the holidays got the best of me and I put on 10+lbs. Now I am back at it with MFP because I needed the support and motivation and the accountability of logging my food intake, it really helps a lot! Good luck getting to your goal before vacation!

Thanks so much, guy! Good luck to you too!
  • JessicaOrme34
    Options
    Thanks so much to all of you! Lookin forward to getting stronger and leaner w/ the rest of yous :) I blame the holidays but in fact I didnt put much of it back on because of that..mostly because I got outta the gym due to family movin nearby and feelin I needed to tend to them...but Im giving myself permission to "do me".....and keep my sanity :) haha Bless yous all!
  • alenakelly
    Options
    same here i was 202 when i first joined mfp, then stopped using it and went to 211, now ive been back for a week and Im at 209, definitely got to stick with it this time, good luck everyone! No more excuses!!!!
  • alenakelly
    Options
    also wondering why everyone elses weight loss banners show up when they write something but mine dont :s thanks
  • JessicaOrme34
    Options
    also wondering why everyone elses weight loss banners show up when they write something but mine dont :s thanks

go to your profile page and click on your weight loss ticker and follow the prompts to have it added whenever you comment on topics.