MIdnight Muncher...Help

Options
Hello peeps, I have a big problem with midnight munching. Throughout the day I am really good about counting calories and staying on task, but as soon as 11:00 or 12:00 midnight hits I am wanting all sorts of junk. I could be in a great sleep, but for some reason I get up and want to munch. I have been like this for years and I know this is why I can't get the results I really want. Does anyone have to same problem and if so how do you deal with it. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to fight these cravings.

P.S
I have tryed drinking tons of water (which keeps me up to go to the bathroom)....

Replies

• sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I think it has to do with a drop in blood sugar, that sets off cravings. You might try grabbing something that provides a slow release of sugar an hour or so before you usually get cravings. Protein foods, like nuts, eggs, or even cheese might help to carry you over that time.
  • onfleur
    onfleur Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Eat some string cheese or some nuts before you go to bed. Sometimes that helps. Good Luck!!
  • aporia
    aporia Posts: 3
    Options
    perhaps make sure you don't have any food that's likely to tempt you when you go to sleep. then if you do need to snack, you can at least have something healthy.

i know how hard it is to sleep when you're hungry, but you're probably not really hungry - it's just that your body is used to eating at this time. if you stop eating in the night, you can train your body to not crave this food.

good luck! :happy:
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Jeez, that sounds just like me....I've always been a midnight muncher. I started making sure I had a something like turkey breast and wheat bread sandwich before bed. Just a single slice of low cal 100% whole wheat bread and about 3 oz of turkey breast. I don't wake up and eat anymore, and I find now I can skip the snack before bed and be ok. For me, it was just a habit that I had to break. Good luck!
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese