sorting snacks

Options
Anyone else sort boxes of snacks into serving sizes. I'm always on the go and so after going shopping Ill put the serving size in little snack baggies and put the baggies in the box so they are a grab and go snack

Replies

• I measure out and bag snacks--I take my lunch to work and it makes it easier.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea, one I have done in the past. At this point I just portion it out as I put it in a bowl to eat (I never take the bag) but it is a perfect idea!!!! Although more expensive, you can get some snacks preportioned already for you to buy.
  • jbahrami
    jbahrami Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    That's a really smart way to go...I need to be more organized like you!
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I can't buy them.. if I buy a big bag and pre-portion them, I eat two or three portions at a time. If I buy already pre-portioned stuff I do the same. If I want something, I tend to just buy the smallest bag/box possible because I eat the whole thing. I have a feeling it has something to do with my desire to binge - so it's mostly easier to not buy stuff and then I'm not tempted.
  • whiterice83
    whiterice83 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I do that with things I can't resist eating more of- like twizzlers. Separate them into servings- so I have to make the conscious choice to grab and unwrap another serving.
  • richmondcowgirl
    richmondcowgirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea, one I have done in the past. At this point I just portion it out as I put it in a bowl to eat (I never take the bag) but it is a perfect idea!!!! Although more expensive, you can get some snacks preportioned already for you to buy.

That's how I started and it gets expensive... its easier to just buy a big bag of pretzels and snack bags from the dollar store and sort it myself... 2 weeks of snacks $2
  • KourtneyP83
    Options
    What a great idea - I too am always on the go so I usually buy the pre-packaged snacks in the smaller bags. I never really thought about just putting them in ziplocs when I get them home.
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I pre-measure and portion package everything that I can.... Nuts, craisins, grape tomatoes... Anything to save time!!! I also pre cut up my veggies. I have a veggie packed omelette every morning for breakfast. When I come home from the store, I dice my onions and scallions and measure out my spinach into 100 grams servings, my goat cheese into 2 ounce containers. It takes up a bit more room in the fridge, but it saves me sooooo much time in the morning.
  • richmondcowgirl
    richmondcowgirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I pre-measure and portion package everything that I can.... Nuts, craisins, grape tomatoes... Anything to save time!!! I also pre cut up my veggies. I have a veggie packed omelette every morning for breakfast. When I come home from the store, I dice my onions and scallions and measure out my spinach into 100 grams servings, my goat cheese into 2 ounce containers. It takes up a bit more room in the fridge, but it saves me sooooo much time in the morning.

I thought about doing that much but I'm always travelling so I don't have much refridgerated things...even my milk is horizon organics and doesn't need refridgeration meat I either only eat when home and freeze everything or buy small and eat on the go.