Hello all - 70 lbs down, 6 to go

Options
Hello,

I just celebrated a year since the beginning of my weight loss and road to a healthier me. I was at 209 lbs last January 5th, when I finally decided that it was time for me. I started slow, doing about 30 minutes on the stationary bike, every day, and limiting my calories to about 1500/day, I made sure I always had at least 8 glasses of water each day. I was able to increase my exercise time and by March I was doing 1 to 2 hours per day between the bike and a treadmill we purchased. Currently I exercise at least 5 times per week, usually about 90 minutes on the treadmill followed by some light weight training. I have a lot more energy and am happier all around. It seemed impossible last year, but I know that it can be done. If you are struggling know that you can do it, just take it one day at a time and try to be consistent with your eating and exercise - good luck to all!!!!

Replies

• BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Just curious, do you have kids and work fulltime?
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Nice job on the success..keep up the good work! and welcome to MFP
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    welcome and congratz, I got down 156 in 19 months gained 30-40 back when we where buying/selling houses in fall 2010, slow moving around last year but this year I plan to get my last 55lbs off, I gained 195lbs when I quit smoking 12yrs ago
  • crpw2012
    crpw2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have two kids, our oldest left for College this last Fall, our youngest is 17 and a junior in high school. I don't work, but next Monday I am starting college (again - got my BS back in 1987), this time I am going for a degree in Nutrition and Dietetics. I was lucky this last year that I was home and could dedicate the time I needed to focus on my exercise.
  • johnthehandyman
    johnthehandyman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well done :happy: