"Re-Newbie"

Options
Hey MFP's

I'm sort of a "re-newbie" I joined back in March (25lbs lighter than I am now) I believe. Now I'm back ready to recommit to myself & this journey. A little about me... Im a 27yr old mother of a 7yr old...like a lot of others I gained my weight during my pregnancy and never really got off & kept it off. I've gone up & down over the years losing the same 40 lbs last year I moved back home to NOLA & its really been a struggle being around all this rich food. Anywho, my ultimate goal is to be 200 lbs or so (in almost 6'0) the last time I got on the scale I was 328 so I have over 100 lbs to drop. I'm hoping to be there by next year this time. For now I'm just trying to get my eating habits under control.

I look forward to getting to know y'all

Replies

• CANCHICK73
    Options
    Hi Rae,

I a re-newbie too. I joined last year when I was doing WW and lost almost 30lbs, however life goes on and so did the weight. Also being perimenopausal(I believe) hasn't helped the waist line as I've gained back about 25 of those 30 and this time its all in my abdomen which has never happened before. Ugh. I too gianed most of my weight during my pregnancies and like you have not ever gotten it all back off. I recently saw a pic of myself and just about died, that plus my size 10 AE jeans just don't fit anymore. :( That being said I am back on the horse so to speak and look forward to getting to know people on this site.

Always,
    Dawn
  • Rae1105
    Rae1105 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi Dawn! Thanks for sharing your experience.... Are you doing weight watchers this time around as well? I haven't joined but I purchased a small fortune worth of smart ones and I've been having them for lunch & dinner they're not so bad...That's seems to be the best way for me to keep up with my calories right now...
  • rlore4
    rlore4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    HELLO, I'm a newbie too, I joined not to long ago as well, eventhough I joined i've missed some weeks, i'm so frustrated with myself, now I don't even want to go on the scale I'm afraid Ive gain weight. But I signed in today and have a goal of keeping track and loose my goal weight. Me too since I had my last baby 3 yrs ago, have never lost the weight kind of been hanging with me.

I just want to keep focus, but its hard being so busy with kids/work/home .... I get discourage. But as of today i have a goal to stay on track.
  • CANCHICK73
    Options
    Welcome aboard rlore4.

Hi Rae,

I didn't join WW this time as I find it awfully expensive and I have all the books I need to get started, so I am doing it on my own this time. I follow the old WW program as I tried the new points plus program and it didn't work for me, ended up gaining weight on it no matter what I did. Yikes.

I love the Smart Ones food, we don;t get a great selection up here in Canada but the ones we get I enjoy, especially the chocolate cake warmed up in the micro with a little fat free cool whip on top. Yum! I really like the Healthy Choice Steamers too, they're not too bad on my plan and they're super convienent for work too.

It just sucks that it's so easy to put on but killer to take off, but I think we're on our way.

Dawn :smile:
  • shelmag
    shelmag Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I too have fallen off and on the diet wagon so to speak - I was doing really well before Christmas hit and I just haven't managed to get back on track. I find it much harder now to lose weight - but I still remember how fat I lost it when I was on the Dr. Bernstein diet - of course I gained it all back and then some - but I still think, "oh well I'll start next week and I'll be okay". So I kept putting it off and now it is two weeks until we go to Mexico for a week and I am too scared to try on my bathing suits. Man I hate this roller coaster ride - Keeping track on this site is really easy though and I am hoping it will keep me on track - so maybe I won't lose 25lbs before Mexico - but maybe I can lose 25 lbs by end of April. Once more into the fray!
  • Rae1105
    Options
    Hey Rlore4 and welcome I find that its really a mind thing for me as well as hormonal/emotional when it comes to eating. I'm trying really hard to attack that part of it. These last two days that I've tracked my foods has been really helpful and has given me a boost of confidence that I can do this. I just have to remember not to beat myself up if I fall off just pick up & keep in pushing. Earlier today I had shrimp fried rice & afterwards I was upset with myself .... I just finished logging for today and I came in 300 calories under my goal for today now I'm super amped!

Dawn, I see lots of ladies doing WW now with success but I just dont need another bill. Target had the smart ones on sale & some coupons so I loaded up I'm in heaven with them right now especially @ work where they order takeout everyday /: Next time I go shopping. I'll pick a few of the desserts up to try out. For now my snacks are Full Bars & pumpkin seed

Hey Shelmag! Do you mind telling me more about Dr. Bernstein's diet?
  • heathersarus
    Options
    Hi my name is Heather and I started this about 10 days ago and have already lost 10 pounds . I however need to loose about 50 and am looking for friends to help me keep on my goal. I am a mother of 2 and just really want to get healthy for my kids and fit into those jeans I have sittin in the closet;-) lol
  • shelmag
    shelmag Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Dr. Bernstein clinics are, first off, really expensive - but they do work - you eat a really restricted diet and you have to go in three times a week for vitamin B shots. You also have to pee in a cup and take that in three times a week - they can tell if you have 'cheated' with extra carbs when they test your urine. You also meet with a doctor every 4 weeks. It is pretty intense but everyone I know who was on it, lost weight. But, as with most diets that are way to restrictive, as soon as you stop the program, you gain the weight back, and more. This time I am trying to be smarter and slower - I have lost and re-gained the same darn 25 lbs so many times I can't even count - except it started as 10 lbs, then it was 15, then 20, now its 25 - actually it is probably more like 35!
  • Rae1105
    Options
    Thx for the info Shelmag that many visits alone would deter me from the diet.

Hi Heathersarus! Congrats in the 10 pounds!!! I added you...
  • CANCHICK73
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Welcome Shelmag and Heatherasaurus,

10 pounds already that's awesome, I used to be like that, when I first did WW I had lost 7 in the first week and another 4 the next week, I was super pumped, then I got older adn my body doesn't respond like that anymore. :cry:

I've been busting my butt this past week for a whole .6 of a pound, it's very discouraging. However, I am trying again and this week(except yesterday) I have been doing the Just Sweat on my kids Just Dance 3 for Kinect and am having a ball, so I am hoping for good things next weigh in.

My b-i-l did Dr. Bernsteins, his work insurance paid for it!!, he was really successful but like others whe he stopped he put it all and more back on. It's just so hard.

Rae, I feel for you, I am always so good at work and then someone brings in junk food or wants to order out, it's painful. Our lunch room always looks like a convenience store.

Can I please add you ladies as friends cause I sure need the support to do this again?

Always,
    Dawn :flowerforyou: