Work Sabotage!

Options
So today I'm at work and it's CRAZY stressful. Things are going wrong left and right- meanwhile there's chocolate on my desk. It's been sitting there since Christmas and I haven't eaten one piece. Well today finally got the best of me, I started researching nutritional value and then didn't want to commit and got back to work. Offered my coworker passing through the office a piece and he took one so it made me feel better.

After a particularly tough issue I knew I was going to cave and I went to my coworker. I leaned over and I told her to please give me 2 reasons why I shouldn't have a piece of chocolate. She had good ones and the last and most memorable was "It's a temporary fix." I was really happy I could lean on her in a time of need- although I was wicked embarrassed.

As I was helping a technician with an issue on his schedule I offered him up a piece and about 20 minutes later he came back and put a piece in my face. I can't remember how the situation really happened because I was thrown off and confused and eventually he admitted he was told by my encouraging coworker to do this. And later before I left I found another piece on my desk.

It was just really weird and I was thrown off as to why she would do that. She's in great shape and exercises to keep it and after she was all supporting.

I ended up finally committing to not eating the chocolate and putting it up front (in another department) where they keep a little dish for guests. We normally prank each other but when we're facebook friends and I posted about joining this site and am trying to eat better- I felt conflicted about her.

I'm sure I'll forget about it tomorrow but I just wanted to share this story with other people who would understand.

Replies

• sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Is this a story about how you sabotaged the diets of two coworkers?
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    hmm...I do not think I understand. Who sabotaged whom?
  • 3bree375
    3bree375 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I understand. I have a coworker who is always trying to sabotage me. But she is also trying to take my job... so its not at all shocking when she wants me to fail on my health goals... Lol! I just laugh it off and know that she is doing it out of insecurity.

Maybe your coworker just wanted to you feel good by denying the candy again??? hopefully.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    You offered them candy, they offered you candy. Sounds like a nice place. :flowerforyou:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    You offered them candy, they offered you candy. Sounds like a nice place. :flowerforyou:
    Are they hiring?
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

I agree. I wish my co-workers would give me free chocolate.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Are they hiring?

My kind of workplace.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

I keep a box of sees chocolates in my van...
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

But are we friends on Facebook? :huh:
  • rainedragon
    rainedragon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    IMHO, if you totally deny yourself everything you will be pretty miserable and have a hard time sticking to your diet. It's ok to have one piece of chocolate here and there, and that shouldn't totally wreck things. Perhaps they wanted you to see that it's ok to enjoy something sometimes?
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I love it when my friends give me chocolate.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Jealous co-workers are EVERYWHERE! I even read today of one taking pictures while a co-worker was jogging. Or something like that.

I can tell by your writing that you are smarter than average and likely have the awareness and responsibility to deal with people shoving chocolate in your face.

You get to decide something very important on your weight-loss Steve Perry. You get to decide if you are making the decisions, calling the shots, being accountable. That's the thing. It really comes down to you. I don't see any benefit whatsoever in talking about sabotage. Aside from a pretty cool Beasties song to work out to, I don't think it applies to our health and fitness goals. I think worrying about others sabotaging us is a waste of time and energy that could be better spent on exercise, getting actual work done, helping another person. Seriously. Give up the idea that others are out to get you. They aren't. They are too wrapped up in themselves to care.

Personally, I think you will be fine. Laugh it off when others offer you chocolate. Or donuts. Or cake. Or don't laugh and eat some. It doesn't matter as long as you stay within your calorie goals. Some people find success by vilifying foods (sugar is evil, carbs are evil, chocolate is evil, etc.) I don't buy into that, and many people here smarter than I helped me solidify that belief.

Focus on you. You'll be fine. Go get 'em tiger.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Jealous co-workers are EVERYWHERE! I even read today of one taking pictures while a co-worker was jogging. Or something like that.

I can tell by your writing that you are smarter than average and likely have the awareness and responsibility to deal with people shoving chocolate in your face.

You get to decide something very important on your weight-loss Steve Perry. You get to decide if you are making the decisions, calling the shots, being accountable. That's the thing. It really comes down to you. I don't see any benefit whatsoever in talking about sabotage. Aside from a pretty cool Beasties song to work out to, I don't think it applies to our health and fitness goals. I think worrying about others sabotaging us is a waste of time and energy that could be better spent on exercise, getting actual work done, helping another person. Seriously. Give up the idea that others are out to get you. They aren't. They are too wrapped up in themselves to care.

Personally, I think you will be fine. Laugh it off when others offer you chocolate. Or donuts. Or cake. Or don't laugh and eat some. It doesn't matter as long as you stay within your calorie goals. Some people find success by vilifying foods (sugar is evil, carbs are evil, chocolate is evil, etc.) I don't buy into that, and many people here smarter than I helped me solidify that belief.

Focus on you. You'll be fine. Go get 'em tiger.

I love your mind
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options

See's is seriously The Best Chocolate Ever!! :drool:
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    beastie-boys-sabotage-352116.jpg
  • smalltownhero
    smalltownhero Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Gosh, it makes me so mad when people act like that.. They just don't realize how hard dieting IS when they have never been there.. Its hard enough WITHOUT someone putting stuff in your face. I am so sorry you had to deal with that . Feel free to friend me if you'd like... I could use more friends to help motivate me
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options

Baahahaha
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    @Justjoshin: That was my first thought when I saw this thread topic...ahaha.
  • IHeartNewMe
    IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I say, you should have taken that darned chocolate and thrown it in the garbage can! Better there, than on my hips! :bigsmile: