Anybody do two a days when working out?

Options
Just curious as I have about five days off work and I'm trying to get past 30 pounds lost. Has this jumpstarted any weight loss? I went for a walk outside today hoping that a change of scenery from the gym might do something different. But I wanted to try working out in the am and pm. Is this effective?:huh:

Replies

• BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I've done P90X doubles (cardio X in the am, weights in the pm) and it's been very effective.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on what you are doing. Some people might workout twice a day when they do cardio and weight training. Is this something you just want to do while you are off work or long term? Be careful not to overtrain and injure yourself, that might set you back. Also, if you are going to be working out that much make sure you are feeding and hydrating your body. If it is just temporary, for this week and you are in good health I don't think it will hurt. If you have not been exercising much and all of the sudden you start working out twice a day every day you might have some problems...just my opinion. :flowerforyou:
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    When I was doing cardio every day I was doing 2-a days, cardio in the am, and weights in the pm. I used to really like it and it worked for me. Now that I'm at my goal I don't have to do as much cardio. If you enjoy 2 a days, then go for it.

Shari :glasses:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I started to work out twice a day a few weeks ago, not for 5 days strait though. Be sure you're eating enough and up your carbs if you start to bonk in the middle of workouts.
  • tbrown1025
    tbrown1025 Posts: 165
    Options
    I do 2 workouts a day when I really need to burn through some calories...say to prepare for a big event or something like that. I currently do cardio 6 days a week, and s/t 3-4 days a week, so I get several days of 2 a days.

I did workout twice a day, mostly cardio, for the entire 7 days before Christmas, and was able to drop 2 pounds...good for me, as .5-1lb is more realistic for me these days.