I don't think I can do this....

Options
2»

Replies

• xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    3000 cals?! thats like TWO big macs! i think if i ate THAT much food i would throw up! i think you should just ignore that recommendation, it obviously isn't correct!
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone else, that seems really high! I have to run better than 10 miles to burn 1000 calories. I eat about 2000 a day to maintain my weight and exercise at least an hour a day. The only time I eat close to 3000 calories is on days where I am running 15 miles or more but I am also burning nearly half of that.

Do it with a weight vest and then see what you burn. Us people with more weight to lose have a higher caloric goal.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    o.O Perhaps there was a mistake, but as a rule I'd say do not eat when you're not hungry. Everyone's body is different so even if that is the recommendation, don't do *more* than you feel like you should be doing.
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Even when I was losing I never ate that much, nor did any recommended calculations go that high and was 100 pounds heavier than I am now :)

[/quote]

Do it with a weight vest and then see what you burn. Us people with more weight to lose have a higher caloric goal.
    [/quote]
  • carolinacourtney
    Options
    Yes, I know that with my higher weight, that I burn more calories per work out than a skinny girl does... because it takes more "effort" for me to get through it.

All of my information is plugged in correctly so I think I'm going to keep moving forward making healthy meal and snack choices and pushing towards meeting my daily allotted calories. I think as I continue to move forward with my exercise plan I'll continue to burn more and more calories and as my metabolism increases I'll be hungrier more often.

Thanks for your input and your information!!! If you're willing to share your diary to help me out, please send me a friend request!