Former Military Vets Whom Let Themselves Go.

Options

Replies

• MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    If my drill instructor saw me today, he'd puke.
    And that's AFTER me losing 67 lbs.
  • jimmynorton24
    Options
    absolutely you can add me, semper fi!!!!!
  • Ernestern
    Ernestern Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I retired from the US Army five years back. I've managed to have kept my weight from getting too out of control during that time but only recently decided to drop the extra forty lbs I've been carrying and get back to my old military standard. I'm currently below my "tape weight" but still have a few more I need to lose.

I would never have thought I'd ever miss all the running we used to do, but I'm back into it in a big way....
  • bigtone34
    bigtone34 Posts: 136
    Options
    I got out in 1996, I know I let myself go a bit! Now getting back on track.
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    former marine here 1982-1990 Semper fi feel free to add me as well !
  • jimmynorton24
    Options
    the brotherhood and sisterhood of service is the greatest and strongest bond we can share......anyone that needs anything to help reach there goals, add me...we may be here for seperate goals but in the end all that matters is our success!!!!
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    Retired AF here, 25 years, been retired for 5 years 4 months, now working for civil service. I ballooned up to 248 after I retired but during the last year have dropped down to 174 and still going.
  • rukia30
    rukia30 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Retired AF here, 25 years, been retired for 5 years 4 months, now working for civil service. I ballooned up to 248 after I retired but during the last year have dropped down to 174 and still going.

Wow! Great job! Keep it up!
  • vascrypt
    vascrypt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    im currently in but im a Marine reservist... I've been in since December '09. its definitely hard to keep the motivation up.. and after a knee surgery and a wrist surgery it has been hard to work out.. that added with late night snacking has cause me to gain about 50 pounds in 2 years.. so now the challenge to take it off... i want to go back to the wight i was after bootcamp of 140.. just a few days in and im starving. just waiting for my stomach to get use to 1500 calories a day instead of 3k-4k lol
  • rukia30
    rukia30 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    im currently in but im a Marine reservist... I've been in since December '09. its definitely hard to keep the motivation up.. and after a knee surgery and a wrist surgery it has been hard to work out.. that added with late night snacking has cause me to gain about 50 pounds in 2 years.. so now the challenge to take it off... i want to go back to the wight i was after bootcamp of 140.. just a few days in and im starving. just waiting for my stomach to get use to 1500 calories a day instead of 3k-4k lol

Funny how our body at start is starving. Hang in there you can do it! Are you able to walk or is your knee still healing?
  • rjmatthews
    rjmatthews Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been out for a long time, but I wish I could be in the same shape I was in the day a graduated from basic! Navy Vet here!
  • TonyG64
    Options
    Hey. Navy/Fleet/Seabees. Been yo yoing since 35. Now 47. Diabetes, cardiovascular disease. In ok cond. Still 35 overweight. On meds, insulin. Whats going on?
  • TonyG64
    Options
    Don't forget variety. Consistency is most important. If your getting to stressed loosing weight your doing something wrong.
  • kaleena1983
    kaleena1983 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Former Army here. I separated in 2006 and slowly gained weight until I got to where I am now. I'm ready to get back into shape and feel better! Feel free to add me.
  • tsimpson84
    Options
    Former Navy here...I did my 5 years on the USS George Washington and then separated. The awful food, manual labor, and forced PT kept me in relatively good shape while I was in - since I got out, I now have a sedentary office job, work in a shopping district with plenty of awesome places to eat, and an extra 72lbs to go with it :/

I'm ready and motivated to get my Navy body back one day at a time!
  • MrsObundles
    MrsObundles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DACouture1979
    Options
    I knew there would be some of us out there.
  • vascrypt
    vascrypt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i can run on it.. it was just during the time when it happend last year i got really lazy :P
  • DACouture1979
    Options
    Just a friendly bump.
  • MrObundles
    MrObundles Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Former Marine not so lean or mean, I am currently an Airman...... Feel free to add me.