Former Military Vets Whom Let Themselves Go.

Options
13»

Replies

• sailorsiren13
    Options
    bump
  • karmakim
    Options
    Former Army here
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    My brother did 13 years in the Marine corps. But you won't see him here :sad:
    He thinks that the 40 or so pounds he's gained is a good thing and is always bugging me about my wanting to lose weight. :noway: :grumble:
  • RevJamie
    RevJamie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was in the Air Force. I served as a Chaplain from 1999 to 2005, and separated at O-3. I have been lazy for the better part of that time, and reached 300 lbs. 100 lbs. over my active duty weight. It is VERY depressing. I served at Shaw AFB, Pope AFB, and Travis AFB, as well as one deployment to Kuwait prior to getting out. I am now at 290, and not stopping until I get back below 200.

Back in the day I completed 2 Ironman Triathlons, a few marathons, and was proud to be attached to a Special Forces Capable unit (Combat Control). It is embarrassing to see where I am now. I am 38, and want to be back in shape prior to 40.

Let's do this!
  • Marie_Little
    Options
    Still active duty but after injury and pregnancy my weight got out of control. Need some help here.
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Navy Vet here. I'm still on IRR. Spent 6.5 years on active duty. I let myself go for a while, but now I'm actually lighter than I was anytime while I was on active duty :)