This is what I really hate . . .

Options
When there's this box of really yummy food and it's only, say 140 calories 2 grams of fat, etc. Healthy stuff. So you eat what you think is a serving and then you look at the serving size and it's about a fourth of what you thought it was.:angry:

ITS NOT FAIR WHEN A COMPANY SAYS "ONLY 100 CALORIES"***************

(Note on bottom of box where no one looks) *********per serving, which is this TINY LITTLE PORTION!!!!!!!!!!:explode:

Sorry, I just had to get that out. Does anyone feel the same way about these food companies? They are ripping us off!!!!

Replies

• molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    When there's this box of really yummy food and it's only, say 140 calories 2 grams of fat, etc. Healthy stuff. So you eat what you think is a serving and then you look at the serving size and it's about a fourth of what you thought it was.:angry:

ITS NOT FAIR WHEN A COMPANY SAYS "ONLY 100 CALORIES"***************

(Note on bottom of box where no one looks) *********per serving, which is this TINY LITTLE PORTION!!!!!!!!!!:explode:

Sorry, I just had to get that out. Does anyone feel the same way about these food companies? They are ripping us off!!!!

Ususally snacks that come in a box, aren't that healthy begin with....try fruit and veggies, better bang for the buck.
  • tbrown1025
    tbrown1025 Posts: 165
    Options
    I think it's horrible the way the "advertise" too. I've learned to always look at the serving size -- that's caused me to actually put items back on the shelf, lol. What really bothers is the amount of calories, fat, etc that they have to put into the products at all -- why even do that? I guess these companies feel that food won't taste good if they don't load with artery clogging fats and calories.
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I feel that way about ice cream. Nobody only eats 1/2 a cup!
  • tbrown1025
    tbrown1025 Posts: 165
    Options
    I feel that way about ice cream. Nobody only eats 1/2 a cup!

Isn't a scoop equivalent to a half cup? (not a humongous scoop, of course, lol!) I can manage with one scoop.
  • francis_adriro
    Options
    Ugh, I had no idea about that either!
  • gailaldridge
    Options
    The worst is the desserts in the Weight Watchers Cookbooks. I made the caramel chocolate brownies from one once, thinking I could eat a regular sized brownie for just over a hundred calories. I didn't realize until after I made them that the calorie amount was for a 1 X 1 inch piece. Really they were not much better for you than a regular brownie, they just suggested a smaller serving size. What a horrible trick. Who has that kind of willpower?
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    The worst is the desserts in the Weight Watchers Cookbooks. I made the caramel chocolate brownies from one once, thinking I could eat a regular sized brownie for just over a hundred calories. I didn't realize until after I made them that the calorie amount was for a 1 X 1 inch piece. Really they were not much better for you than a regular brownie, they just suggested a smaller serving size. What a horrible trick. Who has that kind of willpower?

People that don't care about their own health - who just care about manipulating people to make more money.:angry:
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options

I know what you mean! Have you checked the stats on the Smart Ones Desserts?!!!!! OMG! On one of the boxes, just one dessert is over 300 cals! Now I know who is watching our weight! They are! They're watching us get bigger eating what we THINK is healthy! You really DO have to look out for yourself when it comes to reading/shopping.