What is your one healthy choice?

Options
Hi, I'm Tami and I just finished watching a webcast of the author of the book Made to Crave. She challenged everyone to make one healthy choice over the next 6 weeks and it got me to thinking, how many of you would make one healthy choice over the next 6 weeks? I've chosen to have no sugar for the next 6 weeks! What do you choose?

PS. If you're interested in the book and author, you can go to www.lysaterkeurst.com. This is a Christian book and author.

Replies

• teslagirl87
    Options
    wow, the only thing I've given up and I really miss is sweet tea and koolaid. I don't want to give up anything else.
    I know as i start seeing my body change I will be willing to sacrafice more, so I think my next healthy choice would have to be giving up bread.
  • Loudmom01
    Loudmom01 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I gave up Pepsi.............my true love. But at 250 calories per bottle (I can drink 2-3 a day) I had to let it go. Its good on the pocket book as well as my waist.
  • cfred40
    cfred40 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Been visiting a relative in the hospital. I park at the bottom of the parking garage and take the stairs up and down. Maybe trivial, but it's a conscious choice, one I wouldn't have made before. I would have been standing there for 15 minutes waiting on the elevator. :laugh:
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    No sugar at all? D: I couldn't do that!
    Hmm mine would be to get more fat. I am always under and my hair needs some more shine. Yay omegas!
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    100 oz of water a day!
  • noexcuses84
    noexcuses84 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've given up soft drink! i used to have probably half a litre to a litre per day. i had headaches for a couple of days but now (it's only been 10 days since giing it up) i feel great, no headaches at all and i don't get jittery!
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Adding more cardio to my routine.

I lift 6 days a week and only find time for cardio a few mornings. I'd like more.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    No sodas for me. This is a really hard decision... the soda fit in my diary before... but I'd rather make myself go without. ")
  • dollienj
    Options
    My healthy choice (and this will extend far beyond 6 weeks) is to no longer be my own worst critic. The self-doubt and negativity is so counterproductive, and it's no longer welcome in my life. I'm sure I'll have a few moments here and there, but my outlook is the healthiest choice I can make.

13922970.png
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tami and I just finished watching a webcast of the author of the book Made to Crave. She challenged everyone to make one healthy choice over the next 6 weeks and it got me to thinking, how many of you would make one healthy choice over the next 6 weeks? I've chosen to have no sugar for the next 6 weeks! What do you choose?

PS. If you're interested in the book and author, you can go to www.lysaterkeurst.com. This is a Christian book and author.
    Being fit is not a gimmick but taking action that requires more from us than 1 healthy choice unless the choice is to set and achieve your objectives.

Here is my choice.
    I choose to reach all my goals.

And to make this happen requires total dedication and complete internal motivation.

I challenge everybody to do likewise.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up the salty condiments! I eat pretty clean, but those condiments have an outrageous amount of sodium in them.
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I had given up diet Pepsi for a couple of weeks and boy that was saying something, as I was drinking 4-5 12ozs/day....that is a LOT of sodium!! So from tonight forth I will not consume ANY diet Pepsi!! Thanks for the challenge!
  • carolanne6
    carolanne6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Dediding to get RNY and then just pushing though all I needed to do to make it work. Following the rules, finding surgeon I could trust and built up a support group of people who had been through it who I could lean on if it got toogh
  • lisamc03
    lisamc03 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    positive affirmations--
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My healthy choice (and this will extend far beyond 6 weeks) is to no longer be my own worst critic. The self-doubt and negativity is so counterproductive, and it's no longer welcome in my life. I'm sure I'll have a few moments here and there, but my outlook is the healthiest choice I can make.

13922970.png

I LOVE this!! I am terrible about being my own worst critic! I really appreciate your challenge to yourself, how awesome!!
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    positive affirmations--

I love this too!
  • Jewels211
    Jewels211 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Mine is more exercise. Doing SBD, I've already given up all sugar, processed flours, white potatoes, etc. and eat tons of veggies plus lean meats, fruits, whole grains Since my body revolts against carbonated drinks, those went by the wayside a few years ago...but exercise. :-s Once a week if I can drag my butt to the exercise group. I have to make the decision to increase the frequency of it.
  • Jewels211
    Jewels211 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

Being fit is not a gimmick but taking action that requires more from us than 1 healthy choice unless the choice is to set and achieve your objectives.

Here is my choice.
    I choose to reach all my goals.

And to make this happen requires total dedication and complete internal motivation.

I challenge everybody to do likewise.

I'm sure everyone's wish is to reach all their goals, but sometimes that can seem overwhelming if you're taking on all kind of things at once. So making one healthy choice to change for six weeks, then adding another, is a good way to get going and not be overwhelmed by it all!
  • noahsarmy
    noahsarmy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would like to give up coffee. I have reduced it to a cup or two a week ... but I like the idea of a healthy replacement like green tea ... a clear bevvie to start the day.
    I still find myself going to coffee not because I want a cup of joe ... but because my energy is low :( I am hoping that will change a bit too as the weight comes off.
  • cherriewilliams
    cherriewilliams Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have given up drinks with calories but i still drink 24 oz of coke zero everyday. I think cutting out the diet sodas will be next.