Any recovering (drug) addicts here?

Options
Hi. I am here to learn a new lifestyle...get healthier and lose weight. I will be the first to admit I am a food addict. However, I am also a recovering drug addict. I was addicted to prescription drugs for 21 years. On Feb. 8th I will celebrate 4 years clean. I have connected with a few fellow drug addicts on here, but I would like to meet more. If you are a recovering addict I would love to connect and help support each other. Getting off the drugs was easier to me than gaining control of my food addiction. I can live without the drugs...but we gotta eat to live. Telling a food addict to eat "X" amount of food a day is like telling a heroin addict to use just a little heroin. If you are an addict in recovery, feel free to send me a friend request.

Thanks!

Replies

• danascot
    danascot Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm not in recovery, but have immediate family members who are. I just wanted to say congrats on your 4 years sober and good luck with your food addiction.
  • pinstripepirate
    pinstripepirate Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I've never been an addict but I just wanted to say congratulations on being clean for 4 years... That is fantastic and you should be truly proud of yourself!
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    there's a Recovery Group on here.
    and i'm a recovering alcoholic, been in recovery since dec 2005.
    welcome :heart:
  • busterbluth
    busterbluth Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your recovery!
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I congratulate you as well. What strength!! Best wishes for your next journey!
  • mondayem
    Options
    I know how you feel. I'm in recovery. I've been there for 7 years, 7 months and some days now. We have addicted personalities. We can't help it. For me now, it's smoking cigarettes and eating. My goal is to get that under control as I did my chemical addiction in 2004. If we can overcome that, we can overcome this. Just remember the serenity prayer. Always here for support.
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say congratulations! You should be very proud of yourself. And also congrats to all the others who have been clean!

I have not had any drug addictions. But my husband had one and has been clean for a year. It was extremely difficult on me to watch my family slowly fall apart.

Which is why once again I just want to say great job to all of you! I wish you nothing but the VERY best!
  • mogadad
    mogadad Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My recovery makes this diet thing much easier to handle. I knew I wasn't gonna die when I got clean and surely staying away from McDonald's will be easier that the liquor store or pusher. They are all about not listening to lies that come out of your head. I can do this and I will.