Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Not feeling well...need to rest....but....

megbar1979
megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
I've been feeling like CRAP since Tuesday evening. I feel extremely exhausted, like I took some sleeping pills or something. Don't know if it's related or not but I also have a weird taste in my mouth that won't seem to go away and a strange sensation in my chest, like I'm getting congested or something, but I'm not. I have an appointment on Tuesday with my doctor to hopefully figure out what's wrong. (I know I am not preggers.) But anywho, since I'm feeling so tired, even taking a shower wears me out. Problem is I'm having a really hard time NOT working out. I feel guilty and scared to death that I'm gonna start gaining weight back. I know I need to rest but I really want to jump on the treadmill right now, even though I probably wouldn't make it through a workout. How do I convince myself to rest, and not to make things worse possibly? What do you all do when you get hit with an illness?

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Let me tell you a little story about myself. I was running A LOT at one point, way to much, it was unhealthy. Then I got sick, from overtraining but it was like a flu so I got better in a couple days and I started running again immediately which was not a good idea at all! So bottom line is you need to rest because I relapsed about 3 times because I wouldn't rest, not smart. I've learned and once your better you will be able to work out much harder than when your sick. Don't worry you won't gain weight just stick to eating healthy, I hope you feel better! :happy: :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • Here is an easy way to convince yourself to rest... find someone who is willing to hit you over the head if you try to get out of bed until Tuesday!!

Actually, in all reality, exercising is sometimes considered GOOD for you when you are sick, as long as you are not running yourself into exhaustion, depending on just WHAT is wrong with you. So just remind yourself, that once you see the doctor, depending on what he says, you will be back to running in no time... but until then, getting sick tends to cause me to lose weight just sitting on my backside!! Cause I have no energy to eat!! Remind yourself that every time you get up and walk to the bathroom to take a shower, go pee, whatever, you are burning calories, heck, just laying there is burning calories!!
This discussion has been closed.