Working out when sick?

Options
My boyfriend and roommate were both sick recently so I figured I wouldn't escape it... sure enough today my nose has started running like a faucet and even blowing my nose hurts my head.

I'm currently doing the 30DS and I took today off because Mondays are my rest days anyway. However, I'm worried that when I wake up tomorrow I'll feel just as crummy or even worse. I don't know if I should try to push through the shred, or at least go for a walk to get SOME cardio in... or whether I should just totally rest until I'm well. I'm just concerned because I know the 30DS is supposed to be done every day and if I miss too many days in a row it may defeat the purpose (or I'll lose the motivation to start back up again).

What do you guys do when you're sick? I've finally gotten into the habit of exercising and it feels so wrong not to do any exercise all day. However, I don't want to push myself too hard and make myself worse.

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Light exercise in a non gym setting is fine in my opinion.

I say non-gym because I find going to the gym while sick is inconsiderate to others.
  • dar756
    dar756 Posts: 3
    Options
    i agree dont spread your germs in a gym your constantly touching your eyes nose etc wiping sweat you are gonna spread what you have like wild flowers if you go to a gym and its not fare to others
  • thatsingergirl
    thatsingergirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I agree, go for a walk, or a yoga video... let your body heal itself, don't stress it out more by working out too hard.