a funk already....

Options
Hey all... I've been using mfp and been doing some, for me, pretty good work outs. I can tell the work outs are working. I'm sore and I can tell I'm getting some sort of muscle... Anyways, it's only been a week and I'm ready to go and dive into that chocolate cake or go order some French fries. I haven't done it yet but it's getting harder and harder not to. Any suggestions or comments that will help??

Thanks

Oh yea, always looking for friends and support. Add me!

Replies

• nilima7
    Options
    Try eating similar flavor profiles to what you're craving. If you want french fries, make you own in the oven. For chocolate, try really dark chocolate. Whatever it is, don't restrict yourself too much because then this way of eating and living won't work. Allowing your sefl small portions of what you want isn't bad. I don't know how long you've been on but cravings such as sugar takes a few weeks to really get rid off. Keep up the good work! :)
  • Blueeyed1985
    Blueeyed1985 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm having some of the same problems with the cravings. I allow myself little treats. I used to be an all or nothing person. But I've learned the hard way if I restrict myself completely for too long then I end up in a binge and get off track for way too long.
  • xXeXo
    xXeXo Posts: 5
    Options
    Maybe if you have the self control, just have one of them once, like a once a month treat or something? Cutting something out completely only ever makes me crave it more so if I feel like something I work it in as a treat, personally I find that easier than just not having it at all.
  • chellelynn30
    Options
    I had family in town this weekend, so I think that is why. I have been kind of doing what was said, once a month having a little treat. I use it kind of as a reward.

I'm not giving up and I'm not giving in.

Thanks
  • DoxieMama70
    DoxieMama70 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I crave these things too! Especially salty, carby things like fries. The suggestion to make your own is a great one, I have actually baked my own fries in the oven and they were really good. I have also made my own pizza, burgers, all the stuff I crave. It's amazing how many calories and how much fat you can eliminate doing that.

I also allow myself to have the things I crave. If I order fries, I just eat half of them and take the rest home with me in a to-go box. Or just leave them.

Try not to think of foods as "good" or "bad"....that has been a huge personal struggle for me.

Good luck and add me if you would like, I am fairly new to MFP and looking for friends and support!
  • passion4purple
    passion4purple Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone, these posts helped me too!