JOYFUL JANUARY CHALLENGE WK 2!!!

Options
So you all did a kick-*kitten* job with week one of the challenge! CHEERS! :drinker:
Here's to another FABULOUS! week of the new year!!! :happy:

So I've started a mini goal throughout this month to help me lose, and gain a better lifestyle,:flowerforyou:
I'm trying to lay off the crappy soda:brokenheart: (haha, love me some cherry Pepsi ),regardless of if its diet or not!

anyone else wanna try for a mini goal this month?
it can be ANYTHING that you want to accomplish, quit biting your nails,
stop thinking negative about yourself - anything!!!

I BELIEVE IN YOU! and so do all of our other MFP friends in this forum too!!!

I HOPE YOU ALL ARE ADDING EACH OTHER if you haven't already, so we can help each other out with our day to day struggles!!!

WTG EVERYONE! CHEERS :drinker: TO ANOTHER GREAT WEEK!!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• JamieDD
    JamieDD Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement!! And the same back at you. I've pretty much given up soda since I started FP in Oct. 2011 I've only had 3 Pepsis' since then. Have been drinking the water instead.

My mini goal will be to walk at least 5 days a week. :)
  • MissMyMy
    Options
    awesome! Can't wait to hear about your walking mini goal! (: Keep me posted!
  • Helinah26
    Helinah26 Posts: 288
    Options
    I believe in you all as well!!! So i decided my mini goal will be only to weigh myself 2wice a week at the most. Cause i can get really scale crazy at times,to the point that i weigh myself multiple times a day so no more than twice a week. I weigh in for this challenge and two others on Saturday then curves on Monday.:) I hope you guys have a great week and I know we are all gonna do awesome again this week!!
  • lynneb42000
    lynneb42000 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My mini goal is to go to a Zumba class!
  • JoGarrett86
    Options
    Hi I have just started this so my mini goal its to remember to log what I have eaten everyday
  • jeckyb
    jeckyb Posts: 60
    Options
    good idea :) ill give up soda too :p
  • kalamitykate83
    kalamitykate83 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hello! My mini goal is to only weigh in on a Friday morning ... I weigh pretty much every day at the mo and it's such a bad habit! So as of today, I am not weighing until Friday now!! x
  • carlita123
    carlita123 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ok, my mini goal is going to be skipping the sodas also. This will be a challenge, no soda for the rest of January!
  • moupton
    moupton Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I can do that. I haven't had a soda since Jan. 1. I really haven't missed it. I have am also trying to give up empty calories in bread. That will be my mini challenge. Thanks for the support and encouragement.
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Mini goal to exercise at least 3 x a week for three months. I hope that makes it a habit! My body is ( deep sigh) very lazy and will try to tempt me to do anything that doesn't involve exercise. Thanks for the encouragement! Congrats on kicking the soda addiction!
  • iamnicolelam
    Options
    My mini goal is to get to the pool three times this week - starting with today after work. Wishing you all luck with your goals, too!
  • MissMyMy
    Options
    Great job everyone! I know that we can all do this!!! (:
    LOVE the mini goals! It's gonna be an awesome week! (and an even better month!)
  • alishuman
    Options
    Love all the mini-goals!

I gave up soda a few years back, cold turkey. It was soooo hard at first. But, a few months ago, I went on a date night with my husband, and decided to get a Pepsi... and it was so disgusting to me, I couldn't finish.

I gave up putting sugar in my tea a couple days ago, and I think continuing that will be my mini-goal for this week... since it still goes against my nature to skip the sugar.
  • jgandy4094
    jgandy4094 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support and encouraging words..:} Good luck to all of us....and enjoy a cherry pepsi, diet or not, every once in a while...I myself am a diet dr. pepper junkie..lol
  • sreeves1429
    sreeves1429 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of mini-goals, what everyone wants to accomplish. I gave up soda 8 months ago and stick to water. What I do want to accomplish is working out at more regular intervals throughout the week. I have 4 boys and it can be a challenge. So that is going to be my mini goal, to try and get my workouts up to 4-5 times a week. Good luck everybody, we can all do this!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    SW: 177.6
    Jan 7th: 177.6

Jan 14th:
    Jan 21th:
    Jan 28th:
    GW: 167.6

No change as of yet!

Mini-goal is to continue to eat clean with lots of fruits and veggies. No eating out. Oh, need to watch the alcohol consumption as well. I do like some cocktails at night.
  • MrsLawsonNavyBrat2B
    Options
    SW: 266.5
    Jan 7th: 266.1

Not a lot BUT it is something <3

Mini Goal: To exercise everyday for a least 30 min =D
  • Addake
    Addake Posts: 5
    Options
    Mini Goal: Wake up earlier.
    I want to have plenty of time in the morning to eat a good breakfast, fix my hair, and put on a little makeup without a huge rush.

(I have a problem with sleeping in til the VERY last minute)
  • vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    a heap of support and motivation on here, its great to see/ hear how everyone is backing each other and the mini goals are a great idea.

My mini goal is to reduce my coffee intake (i would like to have 3 a day morning afternoon evening) with twin babys sometimes i find myself making more especially on indoors days. so lets try to get those down. Luckly I dont take sugar so thats not a worry but on a bad day maybe 6/7cups. :noway:
  • magikfairygirl
    Options
    SW- 260.0
    01/07- 255.5

My mini goal is to better plan out my meals and make sure I have a few healthy quick meals on hand for those times when life is too hectic to take the time to make a proper meal.