Options

Replies

• Pams_Shadow
    Pams_Shadow Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    bump
  • icewindfirex
    Options
    Hi. i come from New Zealand and we don't have half the things you're talking about available here. We can buy Betty Crocker cake, brownie and muffin mixes. Would I add a can of diet soda to this and bake as usual? TIA. Rachel - the kiwi.

That's exactly what you use, Rachel. Get Betty Crocker cake mix in whatever variety you feel like using. And then grab a can of diet soda and mix it in. That's all there is to it!

I also saw someone use Diet Coke in a brownie mix on Pinterest the other day. I wonder about the consistency, but it is worth a shot!

Sounds great, but just to clarify, Is the soda to replace the oil and water? do you still add the eggs? Ive got some cake mix knocking around in the cupboard. May try this today! Thanks

The cake mix, and one can (or 12 ounces) of your favorite soda! Mix and bake :)
  • PetitePerfection
    PetitePerfection Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi. i come from New Zealand and we don't have half the things you're talking about available here. We can buy Betty Crocker cake, brownie and muffin mixes. Would I add a can of diet soda to this and bake as usual? TIA. Rachel - the kiwi.

That's exactly what you use, Rachel. Get Betty Crocker cake mix in whatever variety you feel like using. And then grab a can of diet soda and mix it in. That's all there is to it!

I also saw someone use Diet Coke in a brownie mix on Pinterest the other day. I wonder about the consistency, but it is worth a shot!

Sounds great, but just to clarify, Is the soda to replace the oil and water? do you still add the eggs? Ive got some cake mix knocking around in the cupboard. May try this today! Thanks
    No eggs oil or water! Just the boxed mix and soda! So easy and delicious!
  • Judway
    Judway Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i make another type it's just a cake mix and canned pineapple ewww so yummy white or yellow cake with this is good
  • mom2missb
    Options
    bump
  • Hey, Im pretty new to MFP but I wanted to comment on your post! I made a soda cake for my potluck gatering at my job last year and everyone LOVED it!!!! It was gone before I knew it...they guys loved it too. It was really good and lite...I used Diet Coke and Chocolate Cake Mix and that is IT. I really is amazing how good it is! Hope this helped!
  • Fnarkk
    Fnarkk Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump:smile:
  • tcmay72
    tcmay72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    thanks will have to try
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    trying these this week!
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Sounds like something I'd like to try :smile:
  • Shielamg
    Shielamg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi There,
    I know I am going to sound like a fanatic here, and that is not my intention. My intention is to make you aware of the dangers of aspartame, especially when heated. Please take the time to read the information. http://aspartame.mercola.com/

I suggest using a small can of pumpkin with whatever cake mix and 3 eggs, no oil necessary. This makes a really moist and delicious cake. Use the cake mix to flour the pan or use a Demarle mold for easy removal.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • squiggles409
    squiggles409 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    trying these as we speak, we'll see how it goes.

Just ate one... it was REALLY good! I used betty crocker cherry chip mix with diet dr. pepper.
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    i make another type it's just a cake mix and canned pineapple ewww so yummy white or yellow cake with this is good

just cake mix and can of pineapple? no draining just mix and bake? COOL!
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Safeena87
    Options
    Hi There,
    I know I am going to sound like a fanatic here, and that is not my intention. My intention is to make you aware of the dangers of aspartame, especially when heated. Please take the time to read the information. http://aspartame.mercola.com/

I suggest using a small can of pumpkin with whatever cake mix and 3 eggs, no oil necessary. This makes a really moist and delicious cake. Use the cake mix to flour the pan or use a Demarle mold for easy removal.

I was goin to try these until i read that! Lol

Dr.mercola is great imo! Lol
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Manysongs
    Manysongs Posts: 137
    Options
    Love this thread! Gonna soooo try these! Thanks. :)