After workout snack

I workout at 4:30 p,m. for about an hour then have a 45 min commute home, what is a low cal post workout snack that will keep me satisfied until dinner time around 6:30 (that I can also eat in the car)? I find I get home and I'm famished from my workout and end up overeating at dinner time :(

Replies

• tenax
    tenax Posts: 97
    i like either a babybel light cheese or if i'm a bit hungrier, some light kind of low fat fruit bar tides me over. babybel is 50 cal, the bars i got from safeway are 120.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    banana or chocolate milk
  • jschuett12
    jschuett12 Posts: 15 Member
    banana, coconut water, apple and cheese stick, peanut butter on celery. I found at walmart they have little go-to boxes of apples, cheese and pretzels (in the produce section). Love this after doing Zumba-seems to balance all the cravings-salt, sweet, protein. :)
  • yvonnecooper
    yvonnecooper Posts: 23 Member
    I have a Dunkin Donuts hazelnut coffee and a Nature Valley 140 Cal snack bar on my way home. That's about 160 cal that I am happy to record for the day.
  • crewsicka
    crewsicka Posts: 105 Member
    Double bacon cheeseburger with diet coke.
  • either a slice of toast with home made fig jam. Or a slim fast shake
  • Special K Cereal bars....come in a variety of flavors.... (strawberry, blueberry, etc) and only 90 calories (: been working for me.
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    A great after workout snack is a protein shake that you can down in the car . . . . protein after a workout will aide your muscles in repairing . . . and the protein will also help you feel full, and tie you over until dinner.
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Usually... Yah I do the protein shake in some shape or form. But when I work out mornings, I eat my breakfast after the workout. I usually find myself craving eggs and/or yogurt, and of course coffee. Plus lots and lots of water!
  • I like to do a protein shake right after I workout. It helps with the in between cravings and keeping the hunger pains at bay. 120 cals-20 protein- 8carb- 4 sugar
  • trac3
    trac3 Posts: 134 Member
    One or two pieces of light string cheese and a piece of fruit! Or a (small) handful of nuts and a piece of fruit (apple or those clementine cuties for me) if you are eating while driving. If you can take a minute to eat something before you get in your car, I'd say get some Greek yogurt like Oikos or Fage ~ very few things make me feel better that quickly after I exercise (and tide me over for more than 2 hours).
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    banana or chocolate milk

^^ I second this ^^
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    I like a string cheese stick after I workout.
  • GeneveSparkles
    GeneveSparkles Posts: 283 Member
    Thanks for all the great ideas!