military girl needing help

Options
Hello all! I'm a 22 almost 23 year old female who's hit quite a few bumps in the road and have watched myself inch closer and closer to dangerously high numbers on the scale. I have a weight loss goal of 50 pounds and after 5 weeks of intense workouts have lost a measly 6 pounds and some odd inches. I know it's a start, but slower than I was hoping for. I've been working out with a trainer and am terrified of losing my motivation when i'm finished with my sessions in three weeks. I think I need help staying accountable to myself and staying motivated!

Ultimately, I just want to love myself again, and it would be great to have the military fitness folks stop breathing down my neck!!

Replies

• TheJackyl
    TheJackyl Posts: 88
    Options
    I don't know if you're tracking what you eat but that has made the big difference for me. Pretty much same type thing, I was hitting the gym hard with slow results, as soon as I started tracking and making adjustments to my diet I really started seeing results.
  • reedman
    reedman Posts: 35
    Options
    I think you've come to the right place. I'm sure there are a lot of people here who can help guide you to where you want to be.

My wife is using Turbo Jam and Hip Hop Abs to get in shape and drop some weight.
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    just keep going, you can do it. my hubby is navy and I am trying to compete with him. I'm 42 and and i can finally pass the PT , so I know you can do it too. just keep thinking about how great it will feel to look those guys in the eye as you breese through your PT. You can kick butt at your next one, just use that as your next goal. good luck :smile:
  • jenn_in_sj
    jenn_in_sj Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when you do really high intensity workouts you need to eat more calories. Are you eating enough? You should never have less than 1200 calories a day (My mom is a nutritionist) so if you are eating around that much and then working out on top of that ... you need to eat more. I am aiming for 1200 calories a day but if I go for a 45 minute walk I get to eat 227 more calories for the day. This works. I've lost 5.6 pounds this week and my week isn't even over! : )
  • missyelliot22
    missyelliot22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi

Definitely agree with what everyone is say especially keeping track of your food intake and if you are doing a lot of excercise then you may need to each more. When you put your exercise into the fitness pal it automatically gives you more calories to work with for that day.

Keep going, as you lose more and become fitter it will become easier.

I am just starting again, been pretty rubbish the last few months but im determined to get sorted for the summer hols.

Sheona x
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • vaparker
    vaparker Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you all for your input! I've been tracking food for the last 6 weeks and with the help of my trainer have made some great adjustments. I lost 3.5 pounds this week!! I'm very excited and am feeling much more confident in myself.

I think my body just needs more variety in the workouts, shock the system a little bit. I started riding my bike two times a week in addition to my normal workouts, it's definitely working!

Thanks again!