Did you achieve your 2011 resolution?

Options
vhuber
vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
Did you achieve this past years resolution? I did .. For the second year in a row I resolved to do some sort of fitness EVERY day! The fitness consisted of running, speed walking, biking, Insanity, ChaLean Xtreme, Turbo Fire, using the elliptical and the treadmill when the weather permitted me from going outside (we had over 100 inches of snow last year:grumble: ) and also some yoga. I am vowing to do at least 5 out of 7 days per week for this year, so far I have gone everyday. (some habits are hard to break)). Fitness is a habit for me and I take time where ever I am like on cruise ships, vacations, reunions, shopping trips away from home, away for meetings, before work or right after work and sometimes in between. There is ALWAYS time, you just have to carve it out and not let anyone or anything get in the way..... I will be 53 yrs old in a couple of months but the age thing really doesn't bother me when I know I am in much better shape than most 20 yr olds!!! If you have set exercise as a goal for this year I know you can do it, just do it and get it out of the way. It makes you feel better and knowing you have just done something awesome to yourself sets you up to do it again the next day. I also belonged to a group on here where we posted our fitness EVERY day, which kept us accountable too.
I wish you success and remember you are the only one who can defeat you!!!

Replies

• Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Yep
  • vhuber
    Options
    Yep
    Yay! Way to go!!!!!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    great job and great advice!
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Yep....mine was to cut out all regular (sugary) pop. I never looked back. Did not have one sugary pop in 2011!!!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    Yep....mine was to cut out all regular (sugary) pop. I never looked back. Did not have one sugary pop in 2011!!!!
    Congrats to YOU! That must have been hard but you made it doable did'nt you? I rarely even have a diet type, maybe once in awhile with popcorn or a pizza.
  • amonkey9
    Options
    mine was to lose weight. 58lbs later...check.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Yep, I wrote 7 of them down in the front of my diary last year. I achieved 3 of them, one important one is outstanding, but I will do that this year, the others have lost some of their significance.

I made it happen and I'm very proud of myself, I can well advise people to write realistic goals, then break them down into sub-goals, it is awesome when you achieve them.

GG
  • NomNomCupcakes
    NomNomCupcakes Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I make several but usually complete most of them EXCEPT every year I want to get into a relationship though and never happens *shrugs
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Mine was to lose weight...ya, I guess I did it! :bigsmile:
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Congrats to you! I didn't achieve mine because I didn't have one! I still need to make mine for 2012 :P procrastination is no good!
  • DeviantDarkwolf2
    DeviantDarkwolf2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Mine was to quit smoking and I managed to do that in December :laugh:
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I did! I made it to Onderland by Christmas :) Wonderful feeling and sense of accomplishment. Here's to our 2012 resolutions!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Yes, but then I always try to set realistic goals. Not too easy, but something that will show me some success and motivate me further. This year it's training for and completing my half-marathon in June. Not too hard - since I've already done a full marathon years ago. But it's something to work for and it provides some challenge. A lot of people set themselves up for failure by trying to take on more than they can handle. I had a friend who once resolved to go to the gym every weekday for the year. Big mistake. The first time she missed a day she freaked out and decided to give up all together. Hope everybody picked something healthy and achievable this year and that they are successful in achieving their goals! :drinker:
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    yep! i lost weight! havent hit my goal but i did lose!!
  • MoonShadow_1au
    MoonShadow_1au Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Mine was not to make a new years resolution .... oh **** I failed
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    One of mine was 77kg@7% bodyfat. Got a dexa scan in Sep 2011 & was 77.2kg@7.2%. Pretty damn close I thought :P
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I don't remember it...
  • Blugal1
    Blugal1 Posts: 92
    Options
    Yes, I lost some weight and got back into competing horses. Each helped the other. For 2012 I need to lose the rest of the weight, and get even fitter so I can be even more competitive!
  • MoonShadow_1au
    MoonShadow_1au Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    One of mine was 77kg@7% bodyfat. Got a dexa scan in Sep 2011 & was 77.2kg@7.2%. Pretty damn close I thought :P

That is awsome. I need to get one of those dexa scan things to replace my scales ;)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

That is awsome. I need to get one of those dexa scan things to replace my scales ;)

they cost about $50 each time so I plan on doing it maybe twice a year.

What was weird is that my numbers I picked were totally random so I was pretty damn surprised to be nearly spot on!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!