Reward system?

Options
I know a lot of reward systems are bad...you dont want to lose weight and then reward yourself with something you shouldnt have. But what kind of system do you use?

My dad suggested I try a money system. I weigh with friends on Saturday and if I have lost anything I put 2 dollars per pound into a sealed container (only way to get money out is to cut it open.) If I gain weight then I have to add 4 dollars. Once I have lost all the weight I want to lose I get to use all the money for ANYTHING I want! A pair of cowboy boots, a tablet...anything guilt free!

Has anyone tried this? Has it worked?

Replies

• greekbellydancer
    Options
    WOW that sounds like a great reward!!! but, what happens if we dont really have the money? :(
    I've been unemployed for awhile and any money i do have goes to pay the cell phone bill and gas for the suv.......
  • tristin1985
    Options
    For that I'm not sure. Let me see what he says...lol
  • bugmobile
    Options
    I am thinking about putting some money aside for clothes or accessories I want but will not spend my money on. I figure as I lose weight, I will want to spruce up my wardrobe (it is very boring right now). I have not put anything into place yet. But I do like your dad's idea........
  • HCGracie
    HCGracie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I did a reward system when starting to loose my weight.
    I did rewards such as a new book, a pedicure, new shoes, at 50 pounds lost I got a family portrait taken, tanning bed visits, hair cut, etc. My husband also got involved with the rewards which was very motivating.
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    The greatest reward I ever give myself is the lowered weight on the weekly weigh-in.

For me, it just makes my day when I see the results. It's all I focus on :)
  • MrsJackieH
    MrsJackieH Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i have been rewarding myself with getting my nails done. and once i hit my ultimate goal, i plan on getting my belly button pierced. my husband is in full support with me and has been helping me alot.
  • laurabarden
    laurabarden Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    See if a family member or friend smaller than you has some cute clothes to get rid of. Then, as you get in that size, reward yourself with a mini fashion show for a few close supporters. fix up your makeup and hair, then strut your sexy self!! Be sure to get pics, too. Make a party out of it!
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    You can do a little weight loss challenge with a couple people!

I'm doing that with 3 other girls at work. What we did is we all weighed in and paid $10. Then every week we have to weigh-in and if you lose a pound or more you dont have to pay anything, if you maintain your weight within a pound (so if you were 175.6 and then weighed in at 174.8 that only .8 of a pound lost) you have to pay $0.50, and if you gain a pound or more you have to pay $1 per pound. We are keeping the challenge going for 3 months and whoever losses the most body % wins all the money. (It has to be body % since I'm the smallest in the group! everyone else weighs at least 50 pounds more than me)

I am super motivated since I want that money to get a tattoo with! =D
  • tristin1985
    Options
    Some awesome ideas everyone! Thanks!
    All my friends are the same size or larger then me except one who is a size 2....