3 Different Scales, 3 Different Weights...

Options
So I am trying to track my weight loss but every scale I step on tells me something different! My gym has two locations I go to.. one has a medical, sliding bar type scale and the other has a step-on, non digital bathroom scale. The difference between the two was almost 10 pounds! Granted I went to one on Friday and the other on Monday, but I know I did not lose 10 pounds from then to now. And my Wii Fit also gave me a different weight that was somewhere in the middle of those two. I always tend to weigh myself in the late afternoon too, so I know it's not an issue of morning vs. night weight.

Any idea which scale I should be going with? I thought the Wii might be pretty accurate? I don't want to start logging in my weight loss until I know it's actually changing! Any opinions are much appreciated :)

14771399.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• stephaniev07
    stephaniev07 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. What I did was pick a scale and ALWAYS use that one. then you will know pretty accurately how much weight you lost. My dr digital is about 5lbs heavier than my home scale digital and my ob's sliding scale is 2lbs lighter than my home scale. And my wii is a few lbs heavier than my home Just pick one. :) good luck.
  • stephanielindley422
    Options
    Pick one scale and stick to it. Every single scale is going to be a little different.
  • abatista27
    abatista27 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    lol emma, dont you know those "doctor scales" will always tell you you're 10 lbs heavier than you think?!?!?! STAY AWAY.
  • _emma
    _emma Posts: 21
    Options
    lol emma, dont you know those "doctor scales" will always tell you you're 10 lbs heavier than you think?!?!?! STAY AWAY.

haha i always loved to think those were wrong! but that was the one i started with so i don't know if i should just stick with it or go with the Wii ??
  • TaraEpersaud
    Options
    The medical scales are kind of iffy. The only medical scales I like are the digital ones, those seem more accurate.
  • Echosapa
    Echosapa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I know most people have already said it, but just pick one scale and stick to it. I also tend to only count the weight I do on Mondays. I figure that many people have fluctuating weight so if I stick to one specific day it would be more accurate to track your progress. Like this week I have lost 5 pounds but on Thursday I had lost 4, Friday I gained 2, etc. So you can still weigh yourself and see your progress but maybe track it differently. Just how I do it. :)
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I go on Wii but it doesn't give a number inbetween, just a needle over... eg the other day the needle was just over the 10 so i got on old bathroom scales and was getting 10st 1 to 10st 6, got the kg ones out and that was 64.5 kg which worked out at 10st 2, which looked about right with where the needle is on Wii so I took that as my weight.

I have body fat scales too but they also give a much bigger difference so I don't use them except to stand on every so often to see if body fat numbers are still going down and lean muscle mass going up etc. I've had a stone (14lb) difference on those!.

When I first started out they weighed me as lighter all the time, now I get heavier readings on those! Dunno if its cos most of it was water weight in the beginning and it ignores the water and now my muscle mass has increased?... I'm wondering if I should try the athlete mode on that one?