Working the Night Shift.

Options
2»

Replies

• redtop2187
    redtop2187 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    "One of the Bigest parts of working nights is getting into good sleep habits ... you will actuly finding yourself gaining weight from bad sleep habits... Please be careful and try and get into a routine"-jgundo

I agree. I have been working nights since July and now that myself and my family have gotten into a routine it's allowed me to get some quality sleep. Me getting quality sleep makes everything else about life and losing weight easier. My biggest obstacle now is learning that this schedule means I can't be there/do as much as I normally would for people. If I attempt then I never sleep and my health and decision making skills take a huge snowball roll down hill!!!
  • sopriti1
    Options
    Hi,

I also work nights, 7on/7off 12 hr shifts. On my work weeks I just swap everything around. When I wake up(usually around 6:30pm) is my "breakfast" which is my largest meal. I clock-in @ 8pm. I usually take my 1st break around 10pm and eat a piece of fruit, then my "lunch" which I take around 1am, I eat maybe a sandwich, fruit, or maybe a salad and soup. Then my 2nd break is what I use as my "dinner" around 6am. "Dinner" is supposed to be the lightest meal, so I usually eat maybe a small chicken salad, or a sandwich, something light that I can eat during my 15 min break. I just make sure that my heaviest meal is what I eat the earliest, so I will have all night to burn it off while working, and my smallest meal is last since i'm going to have the least amount of time to utilize the energy from it before I go to sleep. Hope this helps.