Slow weight loss

Options
Hi, I am wondering if someone can help me out with this one. I am following the daily recommended food allowances and I am walking 3-6kms a day and I am losing weight very slowly. Why isnt the scale budging? I didnt walk alot before, this is a new routine for me so I am puzzled as to why I am not losing much weight. Am I gaining muscle? What do you all think? My clothes are a bit looser but the scale is not moving.. I dont know maybe I'm scale crazy.. I lost weight last year really quickly using myfitnesspal but I let loose and gained it back over a year.. help me!!!...

Replies

• adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Looks like you just came off a diet that wasn't very good for you. It will take some time for your body to adjust. Make sure you are eating enough and eating healthy stuff. You don't have a ton of weight to lose and so it will be slow, not 2 pounds a week that bigger people can lose.

You're already seeing results in how your clothes fit, that means it's working!
  • purrr
    purrr Posts: 46
    Options
    gain 100 lbs more and then go back and start losing, i promise it will come off a lot faster

in other words, the less you have to lose, the harder it is... you probably had more to lose when you did MFP last year? or maybe you are doing something different than last time? in any case, stick to it and be patient, your effort will definitely pay off in the end

:flowerforyou:
  • MeLee
    MeLee Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks for replying guys, yes I am definitly going to stick with it. I did look up what I was eating last year through my food diary and I was eating mostly vegetables, lean meats, fruit and whole grains.. this year I'm eating too much bread products I think. I dont know either way I will stick with it, I really can feel my clothes getting loose even if the scale isn't moving. I am thinking too that last year I wasn't exercising, I might have been losing muscle as weight!!!!
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    Hang in there, I have 50 lbs. to lose and still only lose 1 lb. per week on average, because I choose to lose slowly so it stays off! Slow and steady wins the race! The closer you are to your goal, the slower it will come off, if you don't consistently change things up, from what I've read ;)
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I'm working my &^%$ off & still barely lose a pound a week.
    I think I have the world's slowest metabolism.
    :grumble: