Calorie intake

Options
Alright so now I have lost 12lbs, and my daily cal intake is 1200.... Since I've lost over 10lbs the site asked me if i want to rethink my goals.. for fun I said yes and kept everything the same, BUT it said now my daily cal intake should be 1090! YEAH RIGHT!! I sure am not gonna eat that amount! 1200 is almost too few now!! What do you ppl think? Should I follow the 1090? That seems a wee low for me!

Replies

• Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Alright so now I have lost 12lbs, and my daily cal intake is 1200.... Since I've lost over 10lbs the site asked me if i want to rethink my goals.. for fun I said yes and kept everything the same, BUT it said now my daily cal intake should be 1090! YEAH RIGHT!! I sure am not gonna eat that amount! 1200 is almost too few now!! What do you ppl think? Should I follow the 1090? That seems a wee low for me!
  • jnkreis
    jnkreis Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Try going a little lower each week. Take the 1200, and take off only like 10-20 cal each day for the first week. See how it goes. If it goes well, try another 10-20 then next week. When it gets to the point where it's just too hard. keep at the amount that you did the week before. Hope this might help. Later!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    If you're still losing, I wouldn't cut anything. 1200 is, to me, already low enough.

I wouldn't re-evalutate your intake unless you stop losing.:flowerforyou:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I did this ones, when I first started loosing weight, I dropped my calories to 900 - 1000 and I made myself sick. Your body will let you know if it is not enough.
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    Sounds good, thank you all for your input! I will keep at 1200 until I hit that plateau and go from there :wink:
  • SportyScot
    Options
    If you want to lose extra weight and it says eat 1090, BUT you want to eat more,then do that ! But whatever you put in over the 1090 you have to burn of by exercising :-)
  • ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    Options
    Yeah... From what I've heard.. you're not supposed to drop below 1200 ever... I wouldn't if I were you... but that's me!
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    Yeah... From what I've heard.. you're not supposed to drop below 1200 ever... I wouldn't if I were you... but that's me!

That's what I heard as well, thats why im a little sketchy about it. And I LOVE food, theres no way I could eat only that much. I would starve man haha
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone who said you should not eat below 1200. I would also suggest you check out what your BMR is and not eat below that. It may be more than the 1200, as was in my case.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but I know that 1000 cals or lower, your body goes into a starvation mode and lowers your metabolism to keep from starving. The metabolism is SUPER hard to build back up once lowered, and I know that 1090 is pushing it pretty close to the limit. I'd stick to your 1200 and keep up with your exercising....it's healthier.
    Good luck!
  • becca51
    becca51 Posts: 19
    Options
    Actually, anything under 1200 is considered starvation mode because the average person needs atleast 1200 calories (not 1000 calories) for their body just to function--breathing, pumping blood, etc.

I wouldnt dip below--your metabolism and weight loss will eventually slow because of it.
  • slimsuccess
    Options
    I ate below 1200 one day and the message said you should not go below 1200 calories. If 1200 is hard for you, then try to get in at least 200 calories worth of exercise a day. When you record it, the calculator will add it to your eating goal. That way you can eat 1400 calories a day and still lose weight. I eat anywhere between 1200 and 1400 and I have continued to lose weight. I hope this helps.