At wits end!!!!!!!!!!

Options
Ive recently lost 7kilos in 6 weeks to which i cannot tell where from.. this not only drives me crazy but is starting to really upset me,
ive taken measurements but no change, now it seems like my weight loss is slowing down and my biggest concern is my belly...
im extreamly embarrassed about my tummy as it is where most of my weight is carried. i need to loose 20k from this area alone and i really need tips on how i can get rid of it as dieting on 1200cals a day and cardio ect aint cutting it. HELP!

Replies

• lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Calm down, slow down.

It will go, you need to be easier on yourself.

If you've lost weight in 6 weeks then you're doing things right.

First things first, 1200 is not really sustainable, it's a bare minimum for MFP, I would say up your calories to a 1lb per week loss.

That will give you some breathing room.

Next, remember that it's not going to go quickly. I'm sorry to slap you with that, but it is going to take some time. I took 30 years putting 303lbs on my frame, I've taken a year and a half to take 124lbs off it again. Please, just remember, you're changing your life, not just your tummy.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like, and remember, you're going to get there anyway, just depends on what you do along the way :)
  • gailashton
    Options
    You are being way too hard on yourself. I myself find that 1200 calories a day is plenty and I have been steadily losing all along. Calories in, calories burned, no big secret. If you become a friend you can look at my before and after pic's and see that in the months from the end of April when I started through my birthday in July I was down like 25 pounds and still had quite a tummy. This was the first time in my life I every had that as I've always been rather bottom heavy. The most recent picture was taken a month ago and I was down 76 pounds and as you can see I have a waist. Lifting weights, boot camp classes, circuit classes and trying to stay away from as many white/processed carbs there are has helped with this drastically. This has worked for me. However, there are only so many ways that you can change your genetic makeup. Many people on MF have drastically changed their body types, just look at their before and after pic's. Believe it will come for you, don't give up. I've always given up after a few months because it just wasn't happening fast enough for me, but this time I stuck with it and in 9 months this is where I've come. I hiope I can help you go where you want to too.
  • marthafox1
    marthafox1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    1. Don't panic - you are doing absolutely fine - in fact better than fine at 7kg in 6 weeks.
    2. You will have lost visceral fat - from around your organs this may not be seen on the tape measure or visually but health wise - awesome!
    3. You are currently losing is excess of 2lb per week and for all sorts of reasons (flappy skin being one of them) it isn't recommended that you aim to lose weight any quicker than this (you will find quite a bit on the forums about this and on the internet).
    4. Don't be impatient, you will start to notice changes pretty soon and this will motivate you to keep going.
    5. If you aren't already, try and incorporate exercise - even if only gentle walking at first but gradually building this up - which will help to improve muscle mass which is more attractive than fatty mass (to most) but also because muscle requires more energy (Kcals) so you will burn more when sedentary by exercising.
    6. You cannot spot reduce fat so you just need to remain in a calorie deficit and your body will decide where it is taking the fat from unfortunately!
    7. The science will not let you down - eat less, move more and you will get results - it just won't happen overnight.
  • lillybug11
    Options
    Thanks guys for the support, I'm really thankful,
    I will add u guys :-) I work out 5-6times a week and
    Try my best to stick to 1200 cals but I do go over
    Sometimes but it's still healthy stuff that I eat I don't ever
    Go over the $1500 mark and I try to burn off what I eat.
    I've taken pics and measurements but cannot see a difference
    At all. I'm trying my hardest not to give up.
    I lost the 7kilos within 6 weeks but this last 2weeks I have lost
    Anything which isn't helping my stress
  • SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You need to burn 3500 calories to lose 1lb. If you cut 500 calories from you diet or exercise 500 calories away each day then your net weight loss should be around 1 lb. Now, there are other factors that come in to play as well. Sodium can play mind games with you, because you may gain some water weight. For me I gain about 5 lbs at "that time of the month" and my weight won't budge for about a week no matter how much I exercise or eat well.

Our bodies are complicated. Don't be discouraged! I'm sure you FEEL healthier by adopting healthy habits. When the number on the scale doesn't change I ask myself if I FEEL better. Its hard....but keep on going! You can do this :)