Jillian Micheals

Options
I use The Firm DVD'S and Gilad which both are very good,But was wondering if Jillian Micheals 30 day shred is really good,and works.I do have have other DVD'S of hersWhich are aewsome.

Replies

• Booper83
    Booper83 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I like Ripped in 30 more, but 30 day shred is pretty good. Ripped in 30 is more intense.

2255748.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    No More Trouble Zones is a good DVD also
  • choccay
    choccay Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm only 5 days into the 30 day shred, but it feels like a good workout. Far too early to notice any results, though.
  • jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    I like Ripped in 30 more, but 30 day shred is pretty good. Ripped in 30 is more intense.

I agree, I like 30DS, but haven't done it once since buying Ripped in 30. I really like R in 30. 6 Pack Abs is a good one too, not just for your abs, it is a seriously hard work out. Also, when I'm having a lazy day & can't seem to find motivation & that little voice in my head starts trying to talk me into not working out, sometimes I'll do Jillian's Yoga video. It's still a very effective workout, but not as intense as her others. It's kind of like a relaxing workout, if that makes any sense.
  • TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Has anyone done 6 week six-pack?

I bought it yesturday - just waiting for it to arrive! x
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    If you just scroll the message boards you'll see the 30 day shred is quite popular. I just bought it on Amazon for $6.99 :) I did it for the first time last night and it was good. It certainly kicked my butt and it's nice and short which is what I need. I really enjoyed it. (I say that now right?)

I've seen some pretty great pics on here of people's progress. It's amazing with diet and that DVD how quickly some people slim right down. Granted she kicks your butt...don't get me wrong, but as you probably know, that's how Jillian works! :)
  • ChrisBrown3107
    ChrisBrown3107 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

2255748.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I'm currently on day 9 of the Level 1 30 day shred. As a beginner like myself I like that it isn't too intense a workout, but still gets you moving and pushing yourself.
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    i'm a bit of a JM fiend (lol) so i have (and have completed) 30 day shred which is ace and i got great results from, think 7lbs and 14 inches lost.

i also have ripped in 30, 6 week 6 pack, killer buns and thighs and yoga meltdown.

all of which are amazing workouts - i havent stuck to the regime of any but the 30 ds (i/e not completed the programs) but i do the workouts at random on the days where i'm not at the gym.

they are brililant - i'd go out on a limb and say that you wont go wrong with any of her dvds.

she's brutal :) its why i love her!
  • michellewilliams10
    michellewilliams10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

love this DVD as a general toning DVD. I don't do it every day but I'm sure the results would be great if you did.
  • mrsweigl
    mrsweigl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have all of her DVDs, they are all great! My favorite is 30DS and 6week6pack
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options

This is my favourite Jillian DVD. I love it. I get impatient to finish the others but 6W6P seems to go by so quickly. It's tough, though. Especially level 2 (which I've still not completed) I haven't actually done it for six weeks solid, I usually use it as a filler DVD to go along with 30DS or Ripped in 30 when I have extra time/stamina.

OP: I would highly recommend 30DS. It's a great introduction to Jillian and really works your muscles. If you stick to it for a month you will most definitely see some good results.
  • Lady_Chilli
    Lady_Chilli Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting patiently for my 30DS to be delivered... HURRY UP POSTMAN AARRGGGHHH GIRLS GOTTA GET FIT OVER HERE!!
  • kenyonsmom10
    kenyonsmom10 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I just completed week one of Ripped in 30 and absolutely love it. I did day 1 of 30 day shred yesterday (as I am going to stack the two workouts) and it is very similar to ripped in 30 as far as the level 1 is concerned. I enjoy Ripped in 30 better from what I have seen and felt though. :) 30 Day Shred is very popular!
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I like the 30DS. I read the reviews before buying the DVD. Level 1 is pretty easy. I do Level 1 and 2 if I have time.
  • casbar911
    casbar911 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have done both the 30DS and the Ripped in 30 and I find that I like the ripped in 30 better. I dont do it everyday like you should becuase I do Bikram yoga 2 times a week (killer) and then play soccer 1 night a week so I only do it a few times a week. I have her no more trouble zone and fat blast met one as well (they are about an hour) so I guess it depends on your mood and time frame :)
    I like her DVD's because I haev very limited space in my living room so hers are perfect.. I did do the firm for awhile and really liked it but the stepper thing was killer on my knees so I switched.... no matter what you choose enjoy and at least you are doing something!!

Oh for ab's I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jackie Warner's crunchless ab's - there are 2 different workouts on the dvd about 10min each - she isn't very good at talking in to the camera you can tell she reading from cue cards (lmao) the first time I watched it but the moves do work as long as you get the form right!!!

10 mins !! thats it !! and you can soooo tell!!

I havent tried the 6 week ab one yet because I have been using jackie and needed someone other than jillian yelling at me :)