Food Diary

Options
I'm new to the group and just learning the ropes as such and find things well set out and helpful but I do have a question in regards to the food diary.
Tonight for my dinner I made a dish that had the calories, protein, fats etc already done so I just used the tab to enter calories to my meal plan as I couldn't see how else to enter it. Upon looking at that it doesn't break up the rest, protein for example for which the count was 24.5 so when I look at the total of protein it is missing that amount in my daily total. Is there anyway I can add this amount in separately to bring the total up?
Hopefully someone will understand what I mean and that I have not totally confused,
Loving MFP so far,
Shirley

Replies

• LolaGotThin
    LolaGotThin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this helps, but when I'm cooking, I scan or search items in and add them as a new recipe. Then all the different components get added in.
  • rockyhorror1973
    Options
    oh! I'm only new too, and i didnt know you could scan the item. im using the ipad so do you know how to do it??? also the water tag at the bottom how much is the glass as i drink mine from a 750ml bottle.

thanks for any help!
  • lysal156
    Options
    Shirley - if you create a new food In the my food section you should be able to add the whole nutrient breakdown, including fat, proteins etc.

Rockyhorror- 1 cup is 250ml so your 750ml bottle would be 3 cups! Sure makes it easier to drink those 8 cups in the day!
  • rockyhorror1973
    Options
    THANKS SHIRLEY, STILL TRYING TO GET THE HANG OF THIS!!!!
  • shirlsatrying
    shirlsatrying Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help everyone will work on this as I go along, sure to get the hang of it :)
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    thanks lysal :) The only way i knew was to add in every ingredient which can be a pain when you already have the breakdown.
  • jayjaybee1015
    Options
    I built a meal in the recipe part, and then entering a portion is great. But my wife is also using MFP and I wish we could share the recipe. Right now, I have to walk her through the ingredient list again so she has it entered in hers.

14149439.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter