Do you believe the 'it must be muscle weght'?

Options
I am so totally in a really bad mood!!!!! :devil:
I have put a bloody pound on!!!!!!!!!!
gggggggrrrrrrrrrr

whats worse is that i have logged all week and been TOTALLY honest, 2 days i did go over my calories but still under maintenance so can't see how the hell i have put on!!!!

its not the time of the month or anything so the only thing i think of is the fact that i have really upped my strength training this week in a bid to tone up before summer!

Do you think it could be this? I have never really been a believer that if you put on when you really shouldn't have that its possibly muscle!!

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I am so totally in a really bad mood!!!!! :devil:
    I have put a bloody pound on!!!!!!!!!!
    gggggggrrrrrrrrrr

whats worse is that i have logged all week and been TOTALLY honest, 2 days i did go over my calories but still under maintenance so can't see how the hell i have put on!!!!

its not the time of the month or anything so the only thing i think of is the fact that i have really upped my strength training this week in a bid to tone up before summer!

Do you think it could be this? I have never really been a believer that if you put on when you really shouldn't have that its possibly muscle!!

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Starr
    Starr Posts: 45
    Options
    First, are you sure you put a pound on? It might be water, and it might be the time of day you weighed yourself. Our weight really does bounce around a bit during the day.

I know how discouraging it is. We are all in the same boat, and it is tough when a wave sends us back.wards Just keep rowing, girl! :flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Aww, It's ok Amanda. We all have those days. Honestly, I haven't lost anything in a month and I have been working my tail off. I'm not letting it get me down and you shouldn't either. Heck, 1 lb is really nothing if you think about it.
    I also do not believe in instant muscle gain. What people do not realize is that it takes almost a month of dedicated strength training to even add a pound of muscle, or so I have read in Muscle And Fitness magazine. I could be wrong.
    Keep your chin up and don't let this discourage you and ruin your whole day, K?:flowerforyou:
  • becca51
    becca51 Posts: 19
    Options
    Your body can fluctuate up to 7lbs in one day. Also, being a female, your body begins to retain more water than usual before your period.
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! :flowerforyou:
    I know........i really shouldn't let it bother me that much, and i'm the first to say that to other people when they put on but its so different when it actually happens to you! :blushing:

It could be the time of day, it is later on here, i go to a slimming club and weigh it at this time every week but i do think sometimes it could have depended on what i ate that day.

Oh well, i have pulled myself together!! Onwards and upwards!!
    Thanks everyone!

:drinker:
  • sportsmomof2
    Options
    Hang in there...or as my favorite fish says in Finding Nemo..

"Just keep swimming"

You'll get there!
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. Try to focus more using measuring tape than the scale.

I may be up 2 pounds in weight, or I didn't loose any weight at all, but I lost 2" in my hips. I like to measure myself every week to see a difference rather than weigh myself every week.
  • simontemple
    Options
    Hello,

If you are going to a gym or somewhere where they are able to measure your body fat and dimensions then you will get a better understanding of your fat loss, that simple scales will not.

simon
  • jill5677
    jill5677 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I think we ALL have weeks where this is an issue. I weighed in on Monday morning and then again this morning and there is a 2 1/2 lb difference. What the heck?!?!

At any rate - it's best to weigh in once a week at the same time. Also, if I go WAY over on my sodium intake and then don't compensate with more water, I do end up retaining a pound or two. So, I'm chalking this week up to that as Monday was a very "salty" day. :)

Anyway - I know it's hard (it is for me) but gotta try to look at the overall picture. For me it's 12 lbs in 8 weeks, not trying to focus on no loss this week!

Chin up! You can do it!
  • elementzdesigns
    Options
    Remember also that getting exercise and working out builds muscle. Keep up the great work!